Vincentspares order May 2010

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Vincentspares.co.uk order May 2010

I am having doubts about my spares orders at Vincentspares. I filled out the form, entered all my data, then received an automatic, email reply confirming all the items i ordered.........but nothing has been delivered. Are there some problems that the spares company is having filling and shipping orders?
I emailed orders@vincentspares.co.uk for a response or rather an update on the status , but no response.
Do i receive an email when the order ships?
Is it acceptable to post any concerns about the vincentspares?
Thanks
Craig

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
I am having doubts about my spares orders at Vincentspares. I filled out the form, entered all my data, then received an automatic, email reply confirming all the items i ordered.........but nothing has been delivered. Are there some problems that the spares company is having filling and shipping orders?
I emailed for a response or rather an update on the status , but no response.
Do i receive an email when the order ships?
Is it acceptable to post any concerns about the vincentspares?
Thanks

Craig
You are not the first person to have concerns about delivery times Craig. You don't say when you placed the order. From previous postings there seems to be a discrepancy between UK orders & overseas orders regards delivery time. I am about to place an order myself so will get a first hand idea of the situation. It seems the best course of action is to telephone them direct if you have concerns. Ian is very easy to talk to & will be able to deal with your problems so talk to him first; it shouldn't be necessary but it appears that since the move there has been a major increase in orders causing some delays. Let us know how you go.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I think that it is acceptable to put worries on to the thread as this can alert others to potential problems. I do not know the time scales but lack of response to emails does not look like acceptable practice. However, slow delivery might not be the club shop's problem. While sending my needle roller thrust race modification for the Vincent clutch push rod all over the world some of them got to the west coast of the USA within three or four days while another to North Holland took three and a half weeks. There did not seem to be a sensible correlation between distance and transit time.

G

Graham Smith

Craig

Of course it's acceptable to post any concerns you may have about The VOC Spares Company Limited - after all, the Club is the major shareholder of the Company.

Whilst I can't comment on your individual case, I do know that Ian Savage (Managing Director) visits our forum on a very regular basis, so I'm sure he will respond.

Graham

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Craig doesn't make it clear which parts supplier he is referring to. "Vincentspares" could mean one of several.

G

Graham Smith

Yes Len I take your point, but bearing in mind the Spares Company's URL is www.vincentspares.co.uk, I automatically assumed it was the Spares Company - especially as Craig had said he did the transaction online.

Graham

van drenth

VOC Member
As one of the first to complain about our spares company it seems to me that it even got worse, during the Dutch rally several members complained, even about the payment through creditcard, parts deliverd and NOT charged. If this is the case i will order for millions.
One day, i think, the end of our spares company will be near.

Regards, van Drenth J.C

John Cone

VOC Member
I've had no problems. Parts ordered on Tuesday, topped up order on Wednesday and recieved them on Thursday morning. Thanks Ian.

Albervin

VOC Member
Overseas Orders

I've had no problems. Parts ordered on Tuesday, topped up order on Wednesday and recieved them on Thursday morning. Thanks Ian.
O.K.; I posted an e-mail on Saturday (my time) from the web site with a parts query. As of now ( Tuesday night) I have had no reply. I want to order several hundreds of pounds of bits but I want a clarification before I close off my "order cart". As I will have to spend a few more pounds on a phone call to clarify this I feel there could be an "us & them" thing. I will give it another 12 hours to see what happens.

The VOC Spares Company Limited

VOC Member
In response

Both Craig and Alyn have been answered directly.
To add a bit to the story, Craig’s order was dated 20/5/10, the order was picked, packed and ready to go when a second order was received on the 27th in order to save on shipping cost I decided to combine the orders and the complete order was dispatched on the 3/6/10. Where I failed was not to have e-mailed Craig and let him know the progress.
Craig’s order was for 26 items all but 4 were supplied from stock, and those 4 are being manufactured or on order and due in soon.

In defence I would think that any company having had 3 Managing Directors in the last 2 years, completely new and inexperienced operational staff and a move of premises in the last 12 months, coupled with an increase in turnover of 33% last year over the previous year might experience a few problems.

I, for one, am determined to not let Mr van Drenth’s prophecy come true as I wish to still be able to ride my Vincents in year to come, even though I’ve only found time to get 3 rides this year and then only to get bikes MOT’ed.

Ian Savage

Last edited: