Vincentspares order May 2010

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks Ian. I knew you would come through. There is no doubt VOCS has had a hectic year. It always takes time for a company to bed in after staff changes & a move. Unfortunately we, the customers, are a demanding & unforgiving lot. On the other side though, we the customer pay all your wages & bills. I think van Drenth is being a bit melodramatic. There were times in the last 20 years when the VOCS should have gone under; not because of those working there but because of woeful quality control and stock supplies.
From the complaints on this forum & JTAN there seems to be room for improvement regards overseas customers but I sense that some people complain before telling the VOCS there is a problem. I actually rang Ian once when I thought there had been a misunderstanding; it only took 2 minutes and all was sweet. So pick up the phone next time you think you have a problem.

craig

VOC Member
Update on my VOC order - I received my order, well packed and shipped via DHL to USA on June 7, 2010. I was very happy to receive it and danced around with all the new Vincent parts like a kid! Vincentspares was sharp enough to combine my emails and 2 web orders into one complete order, saving me a lot of carriage cost.
There were a couple of glitches - one item was missed priced PR50-63XSS nuts from 0.35 to 10.0 (i hope), two items FF74/2SS and /1SS not included, and one cable HB10/1AS wrong......you would think i would be upset, but i am not. I am sure they will correct this as the emails have been very good for followup.
Very happy with cable quality
very happy with Comet crank seal parts
very happy with publication Richardson Vincent.
very happy with oil pipe, nuts, bolts, decals, studs, steering damper parts, springs, gaskets, Burman seals, etc,
i will order again soon!
Craig

wld50

Non-VOC Member
Craig It seems that you're happy now, but I can understand your frustration.
I can also understand where Ian is coming from:
It's difficult running a small company where we try and apply common sense and I've done exactly the same as him, combined orders to save the customer postage and when other things intervened, haven't followed it up to tell the customer what's going on.
We're extremely lucky to have the Spares company after thirty five or so years
Founder member 0535 with five one pound shares (bought when my yearly income was £625!)

Last edited:

philo

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I know that the New Zealand spares section after 30+ years? with the VOC spares scheme, Has now found another supplier. This is due to poor customer service over the last year-18 months in particular. I personally have had to wait two and a half weeks for an email reply to a query. Not good. Phil Oswald

Albervin

VOC Member
Phil,
As the saying goes, when you have bad service you tell everyone, when you have good service you tell a few. Did you tell VOCS about your problem? Did they answer you? Did they give you a reason? Remember many parts are out there because they are commissioned by the VOCS. I know Russell commissions parts as well but they work together too. That is what free trade is all about. I have had crap from VOCS & Kemps (Sr & Jr) but as someone who has spent 35 years serving the public in the health sector I know that you have to make allowances for human nature. Also I have to add that as a continuous member for 25 years, the service today is superior to what it has ever been during that period.

SkiDemon44

Forum User
VOC Member
I'm fairly new to the whole vincent scene but I would like to say that my 2 orders to the VOC spares co. thus far have been processed very promptly and the parts have arrived well packed and undamaged. With my last order, they actually rang me here in Australia to clarify something. I reckon they are pretty good.

Alan J

VOC Member
They are a good team at V.O.C. spares!-especially Michelle! all are very efficient and above all helpful! [my beloved says I can look at an attractive women-you know the rest!] one happy customer! Alan J.

samueljohn

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ian,
I have to say that I support your efforts in attempting the near-impossible. I note that for the past several years, Vincent owners have been spoiled with amazing selection, quality and availability of spares for our motorbikes. Ask any other marque club about their spares and they will only bemoan their situation.
I, for one, order parts and they arrive, via DHL, in a prompt and sometimes, unexpectedly rapid (e) turnaround.
None the less, I will always be the first one to complain about a supplier (it is my profession) but in this case I can only praise the (new) staff's efforts and will order without hesitation. Of course, if I really want my parts quickly, I could fly over and visit the new digs myself and carry them home to New York. Or make them myself....
I only hope that owners will continue to break their bikes and wear parts out so that our spares company will thrive on the need.
Warmest
John Romano
Brooklyn, New York

Too many Vincent projects to list.!

tigervinnie

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ian,
phantastic and so quick service. On monday I ordered my parts and they arrived friday at around noon. Very fast from Kettering to North Germany.
Thank you for this good service. All the best for the at the VOCSC.
Cheers
Reinhard