Vincents at 8 may 2010 auction in Quail Lodge, California

DutchVincent

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
at 8 may 2010 the remaining prototypes of Li's effort to revive the brand Vincent, which were the Vincent Phase 1, the Vincent Black Shadow with Honda Superbike motor, the Vincent Black Lightning S with Honda Superbike motor and the Vincent Black Eagle cruiser with Honda Superbike motor, were auctioned at the Quail Lodge in California by Bonhams.
my question: Who bought these motorcycles???
änyone who could give any clue on what happened with these four models, please comment.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The bikes are in Queensland, Australia. The modified RTV and the 3 Honda engined machines are on display in a museum.

SkiDemon44

Forum User
VOC Member
One was recently at the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed at Eastern Creek.

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

Bracker1

VOC Member
Looking at the pictures of the Li bikes, they don't look that bad. The "real" Vincent isn't that pretty of a machine, actually they are quite ugly . Much like the BMW GS series they function(most of the time) better than they look. The Honda engine probably gives good trouble free performance. My next question is are they considered Vincents? I wouldn't trade my Shadow for one, but for a new member who can't afford a twin might be a way to get young blood into club. Safe Riding, Dan

Albervin

VOC Member
Does anyone know what the Li bikes sold for? All of the Li bikes are different "styles". No way is young blood going to use these as a ticket into the club as there are only 4 of them and, as far as I know,
none is for sale. It would appear that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder but the perception certainly seems quite different on each side of the Atlantic. This is a generalisation of course and not meant
as a bait for argument. :)