Vincents are not road worthy

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Fairly difficult to read item in the VMCC mag 'Legislation and all that'
Basically it says that the latest directive from big Nanny (EU) is that pre Type approval machines will not be testable and thus they are to be regarded as un roadworthy and thus unusable.
Somewhere in the BMF mag Rider it talks of emission controls for older vehicles
Perhaps some one could give us some real detail on what is going on and what pressure we should apply.

No wonder we are MOT exempt, sombody wants to have some adverse statistics to hit us with.....

van Ginneke

Non-VOC Member
Have not read it -yet- but I will not be parted from my beloved bike(s)
First copper that stops me and trys to get it from underneath me -on those rules- will meet a early end.
period

Vincent.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Thank god I live in the colonies...The EU holds no sway here..

Honestly, everytime I hear something about the EU, its not good..Isnt it time the EU was ditched?

Black Flash

VOC Member
maybe its time for a new revolution and get rid of all the buerocrats reigning us.
the French (dare I say it) where quite good at it a few hundred years ago.
I always thought (when I was younger) that democracy was from the people for the people. It seems that the top brass have lost connection to the real world completely. Only like that I can explain all those incredible brain farts getting converted into laws!

The more I hear about new laws the more angry I get. We need less laws and more common sense.

Bernd

vibrac

VOC Member
maybe its time for a new revolution and get rid of all the buerocrats reigning us.
the French (dare I say it) where quite good at it a few hundred years ago.
I always thought (when I was younger) that democracy was from the people for the people. It seems that the top brass have lost connection to the real world completely. Only like that I can explain all those incredible brain farts getting converted into laws!

The more I hear about new laws the more angry I get. We need less laws and more common sense.

Bernd

Very good bit in the BMF magazine on that theme
It seems some excuses for motorcyclists are making themselves a nuisance on a bit of road without residential properties near the ace cafe
the council of Brent (Is that still part of the USSR?) want to make a law to ban motorcycles on that road
as the BMF says in erudite terms if what they are doing is already illegal and the police already have power to prosecute
how will another law make any difference.?

On the original subject It would seem that a s good as they are the BMF are really for modern bikes and we must rely on the FBHRC and the car lobby for real news and action
any information would be good

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Frankly I have enormous sympathy for you poor chaps and as a member of the convict class in the antipodes I am ( surprisingly) more than willing to provide real assistance.

Now, do not let those thugs from Brussels have their way!!!

I am willing and able to provide a safe haven for your steeds here in the colony of Australia. All you need do is ship it off to me and I will take great care of it, including feed of fuel and oil till such time as the Eurocrats have been displaced, when I will prepare it for return to your welcoming arms. Of course, you are also more than welcome to come visit at any time.

And while it is in my care, be assured it will be well exercised.

Just oh so so happy to be of help :)

Martyn

bmetcalf

VOC Member
At least it will also affect the vintage car owners, who are presumably more numerous and will also let their MPs and EPs know about it. Good luck to you all!