FT: Frame (Twin) Vincent wheel balance weights for show quality restoration - FT182

stu spalding

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I had the same problem with a Bridgestone Battlaxe, by rotating it 180 degs I was able to shed a bunch of balance weight. I then noticed a yellowish spot on the sidewall where the heavy point of the tyre was. Is this coincidence or is it a balancing mark? Cheers, Stu.
I just checked this on the net, it seems that, in Bridgestone's case at least, it is the heavy point. Cheers, Stu.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I hope you found that reference on the Bridgestone website. I see google search results that say the spot on the tyre marks the light spot, for Bridgestone and other brands.

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I hope you found that reference on the Bridgestone website. I see google search results that say the spot on the tyre marks the light spot, for Bridgestone and other brands.

I hope you are right Steve because the last tyre I fitted (a race compound Roadrider on my Rudge race bike) I aligned the dot with the valve.

stu spalding

VOC Member
Thanks for that Steve, different sites give different answers but unless I find a need to do otherwise I'll go with what Bridgestone recommend even though it's opposite to what I'm running now. Cheers, Stu.

karl johnson

VOC Member
I cant belive all this about these lead weights do you actually ride the bike or is it just a part of the furniture in your house
paint peeling big end rumbling owner for 47 years.
OSSIE
i like that a lot...in time for winter drain the petrol and oil...battery off...open patio doors...motorcycle ramp... and in she comes. at least i know i am not on my own and its perfectly normal to bring em in for four months of the year... oh i nearly forgot its better looking than any furniture.