Vincent Web Site

Buzz Kanter

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I want to wish everyone here a happy new year filled with wonderful rides and rewarding wrenching.

I was just reading a pretty interesting new web site about Vincents called www.Vincent-Motorcycle.com. It is new and has only a few posts but they are pretty interesting, including one today about a Nero Vincent motorcycle project by a designer I had not heard of. Click on Vincent Nero to see the design article.

Last edited:

ET43

Non-VOC Member
I seem to remember seeing the Nero Vincent on this forum some while ago, and being presented as a design project by a student. I did comment at the time that this was the only motorcycle that I had seen where the valve drive gear was on the left side of the engine. It appears to have progressed no further, and is the least like any Vincent that I know of, but then, I'm an old fuddy duddy. ET43

Buzz Kanter

Non-VOC Member
I seem to remember seeing the Nero Vincent on this forum some while ago, and being presented as a design project by a student. I did comment at the time that this was the only motorcycle that I had seen where the valve drive gear was on the left side of the engine. It appears to have progressed no further, and is the least like any Vincent that I know of, but then, I'm an old fuddy duddy. ET43

One of the two designers involved in the project has commented on the site. Perhaps you can track him down and ask for an update.

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Thanks for that Buzz. I read everything that is printed on this forum, and whilst I do not deny that the creation from the new site will appeal to some, with my rotten back and portly stomach, I could never ride it if it were to be produced. My tastes lean towards more traditional looking Vins', so crotch rockets are a no no.
If this is a serious attempt to produce a new motorcycle, it should not be called a Vincent. However, if Phil Vincent and Phil Irving were still at it today, they might have come up with something like the Britten, now that is something I would attempt to ride, but I'd have to sling a sidecar onto it!! Each to their own I suppose.
ET43