Vincent Stand at VMCC Founder's Day

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The VOC Coventry Section will have its usual stand at VMCC Founder's Day this coming Sunday July 21st. If you are attending on your Vincent please come and park your machine on our stand. Last year we had so many bikes that we overflowed into a fortuitously empty plot next door. :D
It is an entertaining day with lots of club stands and a huge autojumble held in the grounds of Stanford Hall, near the village of Stanford on Avon and the town of Lutterworth, Leicestershire. The weather forecast for here on Sunday looks promising, we look forward to seeing you.
There is a link to the VMCC Taverners Section Founders Day website below:

Founders Day Information

vibrac

VOC Member
Top destination, Angela even gets a years supply of chutney and I always have a list of bits to search for. One year I even saw a pile of bits and started the saga of the 52' basket case Triumph Tropy. The engineering Chinese tat sellers are not too much in evidence either, Its a real old auto jumble.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
An update on the VOC stand tomorrow, (Sunday, July 21st) at Stanford Hall. If you are attending on your Vincent please park it on our stand. I have been there today and found our allocated plot.
To find the Vincent Owners Stand turn off Stanford Rd through the gates on to the drive. Show your pass or buy a ticket and then follow the drive up towards the Hall. Near the top of the drive and before the right-hand bend turn left onto the red and white taped route across the grass. You will find the VOC stand on the left next to the Norton stand. The map below shows where we are.
stanford hall.jpg

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Many thanks to all the Vincent people that visited the Coventry Section VOC stand today. We had a really good day with 19 Vincent machines on display. We had a good cross-section of machines with Series "A" singles and also an "A" twin, Comets, Rapides, Black Shadows and a very well turned out Norvin. It was a nice day for a ride and all the bikes on the stand were ridden to the event with some coming quite a distance. The furthest travelled I think was the Norvin that came up from Bournmouth.
Three snaps with my smartphone below:
20190721_111513.jpg

1563738340245.jpeg

20190721_111642.jpg

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Only a guess, could it be a D type centre stand lever handle, custom made and without handlebar rubber.
Peter has the answer. I didn't study the mechanism but it was certainly a "D" type hand-operated centre stand.
I didn't get any photographs of the Norvin but I can say that it had some very interesting modifications. It had an electric start fitted and the owner had made a one-off gear cover that extended down to the starter motor and had also modified the Featherbed frame in that area to sweep around the extension. Very neat.

Last edited:

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I believe it's the ex-Red Barrons Rapide which I think he made himself and fancied a knob end! There is a Comet in the South-West section with a similar S/S lifting handle.
It's these oddities that personalize a machine to its owner and become interesting as there are so many mundane standard machines now that life becomes a little boring with so many looking the same. But every one wants to buy a standard machine so it is obviously easier to sell again. When ownership is only a short period they stay the same.
bananaman

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I've been in Dorset for a week and on the way back yesterday I think I saw the Norvin in a layby on the A34 down from Oxford going South, hope everything was ok.