Vincent Sighting in Thames, New Zealand.

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My friend is a BSA nutter and has a large collection of them. On a recent outing he spotted this old girl in his local town Thames.

Looks well used and ridden a fair amount as a lot of the bikes down under tend to be.

Best,

Eugene.

image1.png

Pushrod Twin

VOC Member
The bloke to ask would be our esteemed NewZ editor, that's him in his usual pose, bending over helping someone, on today's opening photograph of the ride in Northland. He lives on the peninsula where Thames is situated.
Apropos of nothing, my chopped B engine came from a BSA nutter in Thames in the early eighties. It is surprising what hides in the Coromandel. :D

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Eugene. Your friend didn't by any slight chance manage to get an engine or frame number?
Simon

No. My mate just snapped the photo as he knows I am a Vincent guy. As pushrod says I am sure the Vincent guys down there know the owner. I just like that it is a well used machine.
The bloke to ask would be our esteemed NewZ editor, that's him in his usual pose, bending over helping someone, on today's opening photograph of the ride in Northland. He lives on the peninsula where Thames is situated.
Apropos of nothing, my chopped B engine came from a BSA nutter in Thames in the early eighties. It is surprising what hides in the Coromandel. :D

Turns out Thames is a hotbed for old bikes. Who knew?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Alice Leney is the owner and it is about to be ship over to UK for the international. Last year at the riders rally it was the only Vin to complete the entire milage I missed a day with a puncture on Old Harry, Harvey's "A"HJO failed with mag problem and MEL 36 was the rescue bike that we took intern to ride back to the Coromandel so I got to ride Gentle Annie as I'd missed out at the start of rally as I lent Bill Buckley Old Harry as he looked a little upset after his primary chain broke so I rode pillion with his brother Malcum across Gentle Annie so took video fantastic pass of 100 miles now all sealed of cause but in 1995 we (family B & D Raps) did it three or four times when only graded, great when one gets used to it.

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
Don't know what part of NZ you're referring to Albervin. Are you sure you've been speaking to a Kiwi as I've never heard Thames spoken in this way.