• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Vincent Sighting in Thames, New Zealand.

genedn

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
My friend is a BSA nutter and has a large collection of them. On a recent outing he spotted this old girl in his local town Thames.

Looks well used and ridden a fair amount as a lot of the bikes down under tend to be.

Best,

Eugene.

image1.png

Lambers

VOC Member
Good spot. Known to us but we don't know for sure who currently has it.
Jon

vin998

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Eugene. Your friend didn't by any slight chance manage to get an engine or frame number?
Simon

Pushrod Twin

VOC Member
The bloke to ask would be our esteemed NewZ editor, that's him in his usual pose, bending over helping someone, on today's opening photograph of the ride in Northland. He lives on the peninsula where Thames is situated.
Apropos of nothing, my chopped B engine came from a BSA nutter in Thames in the early eighties. It is surprising what hides in the Coromandel. :D

vin998

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks for the info Pushrod Twin. I have just sent the NewZ editor an email to see if anything can be found out.
Simon
Machine Registrar

genedn

VOC Member
Eugene. Your friend didn't by any slight chance manage to get an engine or frame number?
Simon
No. My mate just snapped the photo as he knows I am a Vincent guy. As pushrod says I am sure the Vincent guys down there know the owner. I just like that it is a well used machine.
The bloke to ask would be our esteemed NewZ editor, that's him in his usual pose, bending over helping someone, on today's opening photograph of the ride in Northland. He lives on the peninsula where Thames is situated.
Apropos of nothing, my chopped B engine came from a BSA nutter in Thames in the early eighties. It is surprising what hides in the Coromandel. :D
Turns out Thames is a hotbed for old bikes. Who knew?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Member
Alice Leney is the owner and it is about to be ship over to UK for the international. Last year at the riders rally it was the only Vin to complete the entire milage I missed a day with a puncture on Old Harry, Harvey's "A"HJO failed with mag problem and MEL 36 was the rescue bike that we took intern to ride back to the Coromandel so I got to ride Gentle Annie as I'd missed out at the start of rally as I lent Bill Buckley Old Harry as he looked a little upset after his primary chain broke so I rode pillion with his brother Malcum across Gentle Annie so took video fantastic pass of 100 miles now all sealed of cause but in 1995 we (family B & D Raps) did it three or four times when only graded, great when one gets used to it.

passenger0_0

VOC Member
Don't know what part of NZ you're referring to Albervin. Are you sure you've been speaking to a Kiwi as I've never heard Thames spoken in this way.

Albervin

VOC Member
I remember clearly someone in Auckland directing me to the Coromandel. Drive down to Tims (may have been Tms)....

billirwinnz

VOC Member
It probably sounds that way to an Aussie. When you say Tim we hear Teem. In broad kiwi Thames (Tems) starts to sound like Teems.

Kiwi_Tim

Website User
VOC Member
Good to see Alice has his bike mobile again, he does a lot of metal roads on his bikes, both the rapide and his rigid norton single that he took on the vincent ride in November while he had the rapide undergoing maintenance (before it heads to Europe).

Lambers

VOC Member
Hope this helps
Applying gravel, or "metalling", has had two distinct usages in road surfacing. The term road metal refers to the broken stone or cinders used in the construction or repair of roads or railways, and is derived from the Latin metallum, which means both "mine" and "quarry".