• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Vincent registrations

Dave T

New Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
Hi, we were browsing through some old photos of my fathers biking days and have a couple of him on his vincent registration number WVK 524 also my grandfathers vincent registration number PYF 962 . Can any one tell us if there still around or any info on the bikes? My Father may be able to give the owners some interesting info on the bikes .Thanks Dave

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Dave,

Being a stickler for note-taking at the time, I saw WVK 524 at a Fete in Abingdon, Oxford in 1981 - and it had 48K on the speedo. It was a late Series D Vincent. Probably 1955 registered. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Can you scan the photos and load them on this forum? It might jog someone's memory....

Peter B
Bristol, UK

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Moderator
Dear David,
If you check on the DVLA website (link below) you get the listed information which suggests that WVK524 is still around. A check on PYF962 returned no listing on the database.

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e2s8

The vehicle details for WVK 524 are:
Date of Liability01 05 2012
Date of First Registration31 05 1955
Year of Manufacture1955
Cylinder Capacity (cc)1000cc
CO2 EmissionsNot Available
Fuel TypePETROL
Export MarkerN
Vehicle StatusLicence Not Due
Vehicle ColourBLACK
Vehicle Type ApprovalNot Available

Hi, we were browsing through some old photos of my fathers biking days and have a couple of him on his vincent registration number WVK 524 also my grandfathers vincent registration number PYF 962 . Can any one tell us if there still around or any info on the bikes? My Father may be able to give the owners some interesting info on the bikes .Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.