Vincent Rapide footage with Avon Tyre Company

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I've seen that before , my reaction is always the same ,in those days how did they ride at that speed with no helmet ??!! I can't even ride around a car park sans helmet without feeling very vunerable !

Alan J

VOC Member
I feel the same! no "hat", no gloves-just a Harris tweed sports jacket and grey flannels!

John Appleton

VOC Member
And why not. A harris tweed jacket and a pair of sensible shoes used to be all that the best dressed everest climber would wear (and a flannel vest)
icon7.gif

John

Alan J

VOC Member
Yes John, the trouble was most of them that climbed dressed like that "copped it!"-at school[yes, I did attend] they droned on about Capt. Scott and looked what happened to him! 13 rides on "me vin"-it's getting warmer by the day!

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Well , I was born into a world where helmet & seatbelt laws were already in place so I have never had the dubious pleasure of riding without a helmet. Been saved by a helmet twice , thats if I don't count my motocross days , and a seatbelt twice.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
non of those incidents was my fault , which proves even more how necessary the laws are. Having said that , until 4 years ago my average annual mileage was 50k , so the odds stack up. Down to 10-12 k now :)