• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Vincent Rapide footage with Avon Tyre Company

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Website User
Non-VOC Member
I've seen that before , my reaction is always the same ,in those days how did they ride at that speed with no helmet ??!! I can't even ride around a car park sans helmet without feeling very vunerable !

Alan J

VOC Member
I feel the same! no "hat", no gloves-just a Harris tweed sports jacket and grey flannels!

John Appleton

VOC Member
And why not. A harris tweed jacket and a pair of sensible shoes used to be all that the best dressed everest climber would wear (and a flannel vest)

John

Alan J

VOC Member
Yes John, the trouble was most of them that climbed dressed like that "copped it!"-at school[yes, I did attend] they droned on about Capt. Scott and looked what happened to him! 13 rides on "me vin"-it's getting warmer by the day!

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Well , I was born into a world where helmet & seatbelt laws were already in place so I have never had the dubious pleasure of riding without a helmet. Been saved by a helmet twice , thats if I don't count my motocross days , and a seatbelt twice.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
non of those incidents was my fault , which proves even more how necessary the laws are. Having said that , until 4 years ago my average annual mileage was 50k , so the odds stack up. Down to 10-12 k now :)

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?