Vincent Racers 2019

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I think Bill wanted this thread to continue a bit more from this: https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk...h-bristol-classic-motorcycle-show-2019.11308/.

I think it was good of Eddy to close it as the information gets hard to track down when it is in an thread that doesn't spring to mind.

I admire Mike quite a bit for his riding ability and his bike:

That being said, I am always surprised and confused with the rules under which some bikes run. I don't know what the sponsoring organization is in Belgium, only that Mike is not running under anything like the old Class C rules that most vintage racing is patterned after.

I like the polished look, but I have to admit that I like the Grey Flash cosmetics also. I just finished building an engine and I used the Flash cosmetics as a guide. I am not sure I could have gotten a good shine on these parts:

I was curious and weighed the engine It was 78.5 lbs. with the stand.

David

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have found "Search", Almost Impossible anyway, :)
I find one thing leads to another in life.
We also have Kiwi Tim's thread, That's Gearing, But has turned into Oil Problems !!.
Sounds like normal Vincent !.
If he takes the Heads off, He will find marks on the Bore, Then he will take the Barrels off, Then he will find too much side play on the Conrods, Then GOD knows.

I don't think Mike's Bike was that Polished, When he was Racing it ??.
Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Apart from the intrusive steering damper here is my nice dull GF with gear levers copied straight from
‘Throwing light on obscure components’ in MPH, Blank timing cover in case we want to squeeze into that time period race......HRD or Vincent sir! :cool:

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
I think Bill wanted this thread to continue a bit more from this: https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk...h-bristol-classic-motorcycle-show-2019.11308/.

I think it was good of Eddy to close it as the information gets hard to track down when it is in an thread that doesn't spring to mind.

I admire Mike quite a bit for his riding ability and his bike:
View attachment 26374
That being said, I am always surprised and confused with the rules under which some bikes run. I don't know what the sponsoring organization is in Belgium, only that Mike is not running under anything like the old Class C rules that most vintage racing is patterned after.

I like the polished look, but I have to admit that I like the Grey Flash cosmetics also. I just finished building an engine and I used the Flash cosmetics as a guide. I am not sure I could have gotten a good shine on these parts:
View attachment 26375
I was curious and weighed the engine It was 78.5 lbs. with the stand.

David
Same did I with my "D" Shadow- Norvin engine. Result: 10 kgs less, than my Ducati 900 SS engine!