Vincent Quiz

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Ok, so who is that little guy on you have on your tank and headstock?

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 43

nkt267

VOC Member
Zeus often sends him to deliver dreams or to travel with a mortal to help keep him or her safe. This keeps him in accord with his mythical function as messenger.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Actually it's a representation of the Tourist Trophy (IOM) stemming from Howard Davis's successes in the TT in the twenties. Presumably Philip Vincent decided to keep the Mercury figure on his machines as homage to HRD. After all, the HRD makings were more prominent on post-war Vincents up to 1950 until his American agents advised him the "HRD" was a bit too close to "H-D".

Howard

VOC Member
The guy who sprayed my tank said, the first Vin tank he sprayed, he sent the transfers back to his supplier, because "the little man" had only got half his right leg. :)

H

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
The answer is Hermes....... Mercury was a Roman rip-off. Yup, Hermes the patron of craftsmen, liars and thieves..... amongst other things. I like Hermes.

Howard

VOC Member
A curb crawler asked a lady of the night how much she charged. "£1" was the reply. "Why so cheap" he enquired". "I've got Hermes" she said. "You mean Herpes" said the crawler. "No Hermes" she replied "I'm a carrier!"

H