Vincent powered Morgans

Bob Blackman

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Somebody has left a comment on my Engine Punk blog (Vintage Thing No 8) about a Series A Vincent plumber's nightmare powered Morgan.

I remember seeing photos of the Mogvin for sale a few years ago but am sure that was a later design, the cleaned up sort that soothed the trouble brows of heating engineers everywhere.

I'm told the Series A example was owned and raced by a guy called Harold Pass. Anybody have any gen or photos of either?

(I've just posted this under another thread topic - sorry!)

pifinch

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have some copies of photos of Mogvin racing in the early 60,s - was it built by mark ruocco? I think thats the guy I used to see at Humphries in the early 70,s in essex road (served by Bill or Dennis) That must be the same Mogvin Rowland Mettam raced, (still races?) - Series B or C motor. Certainly not "A"

Last edited:

nkt267

VOC Member
Would that be Mick Ruocco from Port Erin on the IOM.
Must be Micky Ruocco.He used to have a business or 2 near ****nal (let's see what nanny does with that) football ground Highbury
I used to work for Humphries part time as store man in Hampstead Road (the cellar there was a treasure trove of bikes)and Essex road with Bill and Dennis and Mr Catchpole the boss..John

deejay499

VOC Member
`A` engined Morgan

Hi Bob. There is an `A` engined three wheeler but it wasn`t a racer as far as I know. I may have a photo and will do a search. :D

pifinch

Non-VOC Member
There is a picture of Harold Pass racing a series A powered Morgan on page 148 of the Geoff Preece book "Miscellany". Mogvin was vin rear end with engine in normal position.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Harold Pass definately had a "A" twin engined Morgan and was a regular competitor in the VOC high speed trials at Cadwell. I believe the cyl. heads had coil valve springs. Also, I remember seeing a post-war chopped twin engined Morgan at one Curborough twisty sprints. The Mogvin was built by Roy Ward (Engine at the rear) and raced very successfully against the kneelersof the day.

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
'A' Morgan

Last I heard was that the ownership had passed to Arnie & Jane Bennett in Kent.

Last edited:

Peter Stokes

VOC Member
'A'-engined Morgan

I have found one of my photos of an 'A'-engined Morgan, which is in the gallery under Rallies/events Pre 2000.

Pete

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
A engined Morgan

There is a photo of the H. Pass Morgan in Geoff Preece's VOC Photographic Miscellany page 148 confirming C type valve caps. There is alsp a pic of Peter Brooks-Tee Gran Vin, page 121, similar to the works Vincent three wheeler layout. Does anyone remember the Annual Rally at the Ariel Hotel, Heathrow in the sixties? There was a Meschersmidt three wheeler with a Vin twin engine in the back. I don't know whether it was a mock up, joke or what. I did not see it arrive or leave.