Vincent on Toast

PaulB

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi all,

It's been ages since I was last on here, but I watched the film of Nigel Slater's biography last night on TV called toast and early on in the film, their gardener turned up on a very nice looking Rapide.
The Vin' was heard before it was seen and the sound was instantly recognisable.
The film is available for viewing on BBC iPlayer and the Vin' can be seen at around 6:12.
I've also posted a picture of it in my Gallery.

Happy new year.

Paul

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi all,

It's been ages since I was last on here, but I watched the film of Nigel Slater's biography last night on TV called toast and early on in the film, their gardener turned up on a very nice looking Rapide.
The Vin' was heard before it was seen and the sound was instantly recognisable.
The film is available for viewing on BBC iPlayer and the Vin' can be seen at around 6:12.
I've also posted a picture of it in my Gallery.

Happy new year.

Paul

It is a '48 Rapide fitted with Girdraulics. It was filmed at a house in Birmingham. I understand now why programmes cost so much to make as they worked all day to produce only a few minutes film. I'm flattered by your "nice looking Rapide" comment. It looks far better on screen than it does in the flesh as it was built to be ridden and I am not a fan of cleaning and polish.:)

P.S. Paul, we look forward to seeing you at Berkswell clubnight when you can find time.

Last edited: