Vincent on ebay

john998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello,
An interesting French Rapide for sale on Ebay 280686421263
The back stand appears to have a modification that I have not seen before, not sure if it is permanent or for display. It will take the load off the back castings that cause the lug to spit.

Regards John.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
The Stand

Hello,
An interesting French Rapide for sale on Ebay 280686421263
The back stand appears to have a modification that I have not seen before, not sure if it is permanent or for display. It will take the load off the back castings that cause the lug to spit.

Regards John.
The rear stand looks very much like a Marcus Bowden special, and Marcus does have links with the south of France as his daughter lives there, the stand is not for the feint of heart although having said that Marcus's wife Christine can operate it. The stand is triangulated and to operate it you simply release the stand to drop the first part of the stand to the ground and tread the stand down and the bike rolls backwards onto the stand, the operation requires a degree of balance if trying to do it youself whilst ensuring your bike remains vertical.

b'knighted

VOC Member
Marcus Bowden has something similar on his Banana bike. Apart from carrying big plates for welding to the ship's deck it allows his lady passenger to hop off and, by standing on the top bar of the dropped stand, pull the bike complete with excessive luggage and rider into a parked position.
It is unusual to see a twin with comet footrest hangers.

b'knighted

VOC Member
Thanks Peter. You posted while I was typing. With Marcus' fitted luggage it would be impossible to use the rear stand any other way. I'd imagine that by cramping the steering damper up tight this is easier to use on any bike with luggage.