Vincent oil temperatures in real time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnetoman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Getting to hostile for me.
?? I re-read what I wrote and I don't understand why you took it as being hostile. Pointing out that something that was posted is factually incorrect (i.e. faster than light), along with the source of the error (newspaper writer), is a pretty normal way for correcting errors of understanding.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
There is not one provable fact in your rant , which newspaper writer do I reference? Search ---which is faster light or a radio wave .After that reread the title of this thread.

Cheers

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Forgive me Magnetoman.....

Not everyone knows Magnetomans' real name, or his specialty in physics, or what he has done at The Sorbonne...

Magnetoman

VOC Member
There is not one provable fact in your rant , which newspaper writer do I reference? Search ---which is faster light or a radio wave .After that reread the title of this thread.
Rant? Seriously, you characterize what I wrote as a rant?

As for speed, since both radio waves and light are electromagnetic radiation differing only in their frequency, in a vacuum a radio wave travels at the same speed as does light. Despite there being no scientific experiments in contradiction to this (including the one referred to in that newspaper article), and as I said in an earlier post, there certainly are a lot of junk postings on this topic on the web. However, I am not aware of any junk articles making this claim that have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.

OK, enough of the speed of light digression. Back to oil temperatures.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Never finished high school, I had to look that one up. Sorbonne university (PARIS) worlds leading university with a critical mass of scholars in the fields as law, economics and management literature.

Cheers

Magnetoman

VOC Member
What you have here is a chart that should be self explanatory. They were taken at a Liphook meet in the early eighties.
It will be a while before my own Vincent is at anything other than garage temperature. However, I have a battery-powered data logger and will be at a rally at the end of summer where there always are a few Vincents. No promises, but between now and then I will try to find the time to interface it with a thermocouple, and then to convince one of the riders to let me, um, stick it in his UFM. I always use this rally as an opportunity to make measurements of one kind or another on old bikes so it can be this year's project.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Correction, the study is ongoing, the study is being conducted at LOS ALOMOSE the facility where the first atom bomb was built. There has been two scientific papers written, the verdict is still in session, the nope guys and the yep guys are enjoying the debate.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.