Vincent motorcycle registration GMR 597

Mark Peel

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Dear members,

I would like to find out if Vincent GMR 597 is still on the road, and if not anything about its latter history.

My wife is the House Manager of a retirement home, in which one of the residents has fond memories of her husband and herself owning and riding this bike. She is still much keener on two wheels over four, although not able to ride now. She has a super period photo of herself and husban seated on GMR 597 which I am sure would be of interest to any present owner.

Do let me know if you have any details about this lovely motorcycle, as it would mean a great deal to Renee to find out.

Please respond via the forum, or else email me Mark Peel at map28@le.ac.uk

Many thanks....

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Mark, here's what we'll do

Hi Mark,

I see you've joined the Forum but are not a VOC member, welcome - however that will mean you won't have contact details of Vince Farrell the machine researcher.

I will forward your note and e-mail address to Vince and he can email you if the bike is known about.

If the lady has any information or we can have a copy of the photograph/s of the bike we would love to have it/them, will copy and send photo's back of course unless you have the facility to scan and send them which would be even better.

The club tries hard to maintain a record of the history and whereabouts of as many of the originally manufactured machines as possible.

If the lady would like, I'm sure we could twist a local members arm to turn up at the home with a Vincent - maybe even one with a sidecar and take her for a spin?

Cheers

Stuart

Dear members,

I would like to find out if Vincent GMR 597 is still on the road, and if not anything about its latter history.

My wife is the House Manager of a retirement home, in which one of the residents has fond memories of her husband and herself owning and riding this bike. She is still much keener on two wheels over four, although not able to ride now. She has a super period photo of herself and husban seated on GMR 597 which I am sure would be of interest to any present owner.

Do let me know if you have any details about this lovely motorcycle, as it would mean a great deal to Renee to find out.

Please respond via the forum, or else email me Mark Peel at map28@le.ac.uk

Many thanks....

Last edited:

Mark Peel

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks to both the members who have responded to my Question. Please do indeed pass my details on to Vince (how appropriate) and the idea of Renee, who is shortly to turn 90 whizzing off in a sidecar is great!

Thanks again Mark Peel

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Mark - whereabouts is the home?

Mark,

You list yourself as Leicester - but whereabouts is the home - I will then send a copy of the thread to the nearest section and they can see i fthe little trip can be organised. I have passed your details onto Vince seperately.

Regards

Stuart

Thanks to both the members who have responded to my Question. Please do indeed pass my details on to Vince (how appropriate) and the idea of Renee, who is shortly to turn 90 whizzing off in a sidecar is great!

Thanks again Mark Peel

Mark Peel

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Renee is a resident at Pettifor Court, which is in Anstey, just outside Leicester, on the way out to Bradgate Park if you know the area.

I have not mentioned to her that I am trying to find out if her old bike is still on the road, as I do not want to get her hopes up too much. But she loves bikes, and when I turned up one day on my Guzzi cafe racer
(I know...but I'm poor!) she spent about 15 minutes looking over it and telling me with the story of how she and her late husband had ridden to the TT on the Vincent, before they got their Bond three wheeler.

She is a lovely lady, and would really enjoy finding out if the old bike is still on the road. I have asked Annie, my wife, to tactfully ask Renee for any other photos she has of the Vincent and if you let me know where to send them I will try to get them scanned so you can all see her on the pillion in rather 'natty' peiod motorcycle gear!

Best Mark Peel

sidmadrid

VOC Member
I've checked the DVLA licensing site and the registration still exists, as a Vincent, taxed/sorned to the end of Septemer. sid