Vincent Machines on Display in the Lake District.

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Not only does Bill (and Jenny) ride his bikes, but I was there when he crashed out, in France. Have you ridden your bikes around the French rallies, Mr Critic.? Were you also there, on YOUR bike when Bill thundered up the Grossglockner in Austria?Were you there on your bike when..........Well you get my point!

Joshua Mackay-Smith

VOC Member
Hm. I remember meeting you, Max, at a DC VOC gathering at someone's place in Virginia 20 or so years back--impressive collection, very shiny. I don't remember anyone saying anything about how much riding he did, but I was mostly looking at the bikes.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The collection started in Grove Oklahoma , migrated to Margate Florida , then to Green villa Virginia . I remember setting up the visit but cant remember with who. Hope you enjoyed the bikes, you were looking at 10 years of my life's work. It was a partnership called K AND M VINTAGE BIKES ----KEN AND MAX. My partner is not the guy i'm talking about.

Joshua Mackay-Smith

VOC Member
Glad to hear it--my memory of the day is mostly seeing all the nice motorcycles (very impressive, especially to someone as new to the world of classic bikes in general as I was then) while worrying about the rattle my elderly BMW's driveshaft had developed after an ignominious (for many reasons) get-off on the way down...