Vincent Machines on Display in the Lake District.

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Max,

The museum isn't just rows of vehicles as is often the case. It has mock-up old garages, and lots of memorabilia and photograhs from bygone eras (I suppose nostalgia is one of the few things we Brits are still good at). I don't know the photo Colin's refering to, but I suspect it's either a photo of him, or some other long suffering VOC member.

I'm not sure about loaners, but I'm sure your streamliner would look well next to Bluebird if you want to loan it to them. ;-)

H

It escapes me, how is this post relevant to the museum thread?

Max

from the planes of Kansas.

Last edited:

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
My dumb Your smarts :) love ya both and I do mean that, as the story goes, Mr Lear was in the process of raising money to build air PLANES and was ask by the banker, do you know how to build airplanes , he said hell no but I do know how to surround my self with people that do!
he got the loan.

MAX

Lets see PLAN na PLAINS now where was I?

PS no Boeing long gone

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
It saddens me to see these wonderful machines just sit in inside climate controlled rooms.

By all means preserve some bikes. 5 in one place seems a bit of a shame, as so many people want to ride them and enjoy them.

I could be mistaken and someone rides them, I doubt it though.

Just my two cents.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Worse yet is the guy that buys one , talks about it all the time, sets in his garage, catching dust , and grumbles about some one he hired to paint a couple of parts years ago as to the f----d up job he did , and justifies ownership in his mind that it is making him money. Now that is a real tear jerker to those of us that are trying to do something for the Vincent Marque, a dirty dead Vincent in a garage brings no pride to its name .

just my two cents

coomo

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Worse yet is the guy that buys one , talks about it all the time, sets in his garage, catching dust , and grumbles about some one he hired to paint a couple of parts years ago as to the f----d up job he did , and justifies ownership in his mind that it is making him money. Now that is a real tear jerker to those of us that are trying to do something for the Vincent Marque, a dirty dead Vincent in a garage brings no pride to its name .

just my two cents
Amen to that.Speculators whos main concern is money, eventually make it impossible for those with passion, respect and admiration to become owners.The desire for MORE money, above love and art, is a sad sorry state of mind to posess.