Vincent item silly price and things for sale

tom wilson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I was not too sure where or if to post this but it may bring a smile or help a collector collect that missing 'Vincent' item. I have just seen this on a local F.B. page totally stupid ..... unless you think not (Lol). Because something has a Vincent transfer stuck on it 'it must' by logic increase its value (Lol) or is it me? If you want to buy this 'most sort after item' it is on FB at an antique shop in Seaton Devon at a 'Bargain price' of £175.00:
1940s Cromwell bike helmet Vincent Norton bike Nice condition for age Straps in tact Collection allsorts Fore street seaton £175

...... I will of course assist with the purchase of ......
cromwell helmet.jpg
cromwell helmet2.jpg

Albervin

VOC Member
Not the first or last pudding basin with a Vincent or HRD transfer to be advertised for silly money.Whether Cromwell, Everoak or another brand, it is worth no more than £30. I believe they are still legal in the Uk ...

Colin

VOC Member
Someone send me a couple of Vincent transfers ASAP please, as I have an old Corker and an old Cromwell
Blimey with transfers they are now worth £350!!! Don't all rush but if you ARE quick and with cash I can let you have the pair for, say, £325. You won't get another offer like this again, so perhaps you should rush after all I'v just noticed that I am wearing the Cromwell, and on The Arbuthnot Iron in my avatar, in that case because of the provenance I'm afraid the price will have to be £1350 now. Please form an orderly queue:rolleyes:

tom wilson

VOC Member
Someone send me a couple of Vincent transfers ASAP please, as I have an old Corker and an old Cromwell
Blimey with transfers they are now worth £350!!! Don't all rush but if you ARE quick and with cash I can let you have the pair for, say, £325. You won't get another offer like this again, so perhaps you should rush after all I'v just noticed that I am wearing the Cromwell, and on The Arbuthnot Iron in my avatar, in that case because of the provenance I'm afraid the price will have to be £1350 now. Please form an orderly queue:rolleyes:
Hi Colin just going for a mortgage extension or may be sell my house and put all the 'Pennies' into your helmets (Lol ):cool::):):)

Colin

VOC Member
Thank you Tom, inview of your very quick and helpful response, I will give you a discount. . £1345.60 to you now, and a certified Building Society cheque is quite acceptable:D:eek:o_O:p

Albervin

VOC Member
I appreciate the humour here but people outside the club really do believe anything with a Vincent sticker or an item related to Vincents is valuable. I have a Midland tank cover from the 1950s. It was especially made by the Midland company for Series B and Series C bikes. It still has the remnants of a varnish Vincent transfer. I have been offered over $500 for it and I refused. Stupid money. It came with my first Series C Comet back in 1984 and has graced several other tanks since.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I appreciate the humour here but people outside the club really do believe anything with a Vincent sticker or an item related to Vincents is valuable. I have a Midland tank cover from the 1950s. It was especially made by the Midland company for Series B and Series C bikes. It still has the remnants of a varnish Vincent transfer. I have been offered over $500 for it and I refused. Stupid money. It came with my first Series C Comet back in 1984 and has graced several other tanks since.
I believe it. My Comet came with one as well. I noticed that what I think is the horse hair on the underside held moisture against the the tank so I quit using it. Then I thought well it might protect the tank so went searching for one to match for the Shadow. The prices people were asking was shocking to say the least. It now sits forlorn on my tool box lid in the garage. I probably won't use, but I won't part with it either as it's part of my Comets heritage.
Steven