Vincent industrial/stationary engines

petelobus

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hope I'm not offending anyone by posting this here, as its not to do with Vincent motorcycles per se.

I've got a small two stroke Vincent stationary engine, pretty much complete, barring a cover from the magneto, and the top air duct. Having just dug it out of the shed where its rested for about 25 years, I hope to get it running in the next few weeks. I wondered if there was anyone else with interest/experience of these items. Can take and post photo's if anyone is interested.

The guy I had it off in the distant past said it came from an Ice Cream van, I believe!

Ian

Debbie Kemp

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It might be a good idea to contact the VOC's Information Officer - you never know, it might be something that would look nice on the VOC stand at shows.

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
Hope I'm not offending anyone by posting this here, as its not to do with Vincent motorcycles per se.

I've got a small two stroke Vincent stationary engine, pretty much complete, barring a cover from the magneto, and the top air duct. Having just dug it out of the shed where its rested for about 25 years, I hope to get it running in the next few weeks. I wondered if there was anyone else with interest/experience of these items. Can take and post photo's if anyone is interested.

The guy I had it off in the distant past said it came from an Ice Cream van, I believe!

Ian
See
http://www.voc.uk.com/
VOC has a Section called Industrial Products
organised by Bob Culver

nkt267

VOC Member
Why not take a look at the photos I posted in Industrial and see if yours is similar..John

pifinch

Non-VOC Member
I sold a Versatiller engine earlier this year, check out Vincent buyers guide by Zachary Miller or Vincent (Brian Wherrett?) - Cant find my copy to confirm.

petelobus

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for all the interest. Looked at your picture, John, and my crankcase and head are the same, but the magneto housing is different, and incorporates a fan. Magneto housing side of the cylinder should have a cowling to duct air over same. Don't know if I can post pictures here, but will try to take some in the next few days.

Ian

petelobus

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I've posted some pictures on this site, just below Johns (sorry, forgot to pick up the link so I could put it here). I've Helicoiled the stripped sparking plug thread, and hope to get it running in the next few days.
Seems to be about 98cc capacity (if I've done the sums right), and has the number ? 10AU/30F/7832 on the carburettor side of the crankcase. Can any knowledgeable people date it from this number?

I'll bore you with further progress as it occurs.

Ian

petelobus

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Got the Vincent running yesterday. After working out how the carb worked, soldering up the hole in the float, gapping the plug to 0.015" it runs quite nicely, though without an exhaust seems not to be inclined to idle.

Next problem is what to do with it. I know I'll never get round to showing it, and feel that it deserves better than spending another 30 years in my shed. Any suggestions? Guess I'm prepared to let it go 'free to a good home'!

Ian

fgth130

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I made sketches of the silencer from a Vincent engine driven Bullowes (sp?) air compressor for Glenn Shriver's industrial engine project. If you'd like copies, let me know. I guess that makes me a certified nerd?