Vincent girdraulic forks

medat727

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Did this a few years ago, was considering a Norvin using a Comet motor. The crux of the fitment was grinding down the outer bearing races to fit the Norton head. Had a friend tow me up to speed to check the handling, I seem to recall that it had a slight tendency to wheelbarrow, front end falling into the turn. I ended up procuring the bits to build a Grey Flash replica so the idea was abandoned but I did think it had an interesting look.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50

highbury731

VOC Member
Did this a few years ago, was considering a Norvin using a Comet motor. The crux of the fitment was grinding down the outer bearing races to fit the Norton head. Had a friend tow me up to speed to check the handling, I seem to recall that it had a slight tendency to wheelbarrow, front end falling into the turn. I ended up procuring the bits to build a Grey Flash replica so the idea was abandoned but I did think it had an interesting look.
The forks are way too long to give good steering. The front end is jacked up like a 'custom'.

medat727

VOC Member
You have to remember that the bike is missing quite a bit of weight which would lower its stance.