• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Vincent Fox 98cc

Montlhery

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
These bikes have been described by the a works tester a "the work of satan" which today I would have to agree . After just breaking the 3rd 120 euro kickstart gear.....

Montlhery

VOC Member
I think you will find the NSU Vincents used Miller electrics ,possibly off a bantam . They also had a large round Miller rectifier on top the tool box.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
That makes me think I read in one of the books that there had to be some British content for lower import duty or something like that.

john bulmer

Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for all your help on this.
It seems as though the generator is Miller from a Vellocette LE. Thanks to George Spence.
I have contacted the LE owners club and they modify the back plate to take Ford Cortina points.
I would never have guessed that in a million years.
thanks. all.

john bulmer

Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
I dont know if you are aware or not but if you go on the ebay germany site and put in NSU Fox you will probably come across a lot of second hand parts.
I have.
They dont always appear on the UK site.
I think i have seen your post on the NSU Forum have i not regarding the problems with the kick start gear?

Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.