Vincent Factory

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Brake plates place brake cam into plate put on H13 serrated washer followed by brake arm nut 3/8 cei and washer pull up tight end float about .020 thou make sure cam turns freely then put in grease nipple these have been known to jam brake cam pull a part and re do fitting brake shoes, fit 1 security bolt and 2 balance weight bolt to rim fit tyre and tube this can be done by hand with the aid of very soapy water, thinly coat wheel bearings with HMP grease fit felt washer(grease retainer) the ones you get now are to thick I cut them in half, put on brake plates then place on shaft spin and put on lead weights to balance, the lead weights were made on site heating up lead and pouring into different size moulds all wheels for lightning on flashes were built in this section to Good Night.

Last edited:

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
not correct

Had a senior moment wheels were balanced before putting on brake plates and greasing bearings, all so before balance tap on H23 speedo gear ring tight fit tap into place then at every 120 degrees centre punch the hub at the top of gear ring speedo gearbox came from Smith complete on at the bottom of the gear box attached to the holding spit pin a small lable giveing maintainance instructions of gear box.

Last edited:

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
lead wheel weights

I went to see Bob Culver when in the UK last year he said to me do you remeber these he had the lead weight moulds from the Vincent Factory so if you want some vincent wheel weights you know where to go ,