PT: Exhaust Vincent engine in a Slimline Featherbed Frame

Shane998

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
slightly off topic, can a Vinnie V be squeezed into a slimline feather bed as I can't recall seeing it been done.
This looks like a slimline
41BE57F3-ABDB-44CC-84CF-4E09F3D6B441.jpeg

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Yes that's a wideline, the slimline has a rounded subframe not purely triangular and the main tubes slope in above the swinging arm gusset plates, a Vincent motor will go in ok but you have less room for things like a central oil tank. It's only that area that is much different.
This is a slimline
1584805827779.png

Robert Watson

VOC Member
See Cyborg - you started out complaining about all the "fettling" of a standard (ish) Vincent, and now, way too deep into a special you are stating to realize how simple a vincent really is! :)

Cyborg

VOC Member
See Cyborg - you started out complaining about all the "fettling" of a standard (ish) Vincent, and now, way too deep into a special you are stating to realize how simple a vincent really is! :)

It was the decades of working on Japanese stuff. Had forgotten the word fettling even existed. I think where I went wrong with the Comet was first.... you offering to sell me a big end bearing for $100 and secondly, my other self imposed rule to use the crap in the shed. CBX 550 wheels, GL500 frame, Ducati rear shock rocker, Norton box, modified BMW swingarm, Yamaha rear shock, etc. I’ll spare everyone the nauseating story on the seat upholstery.... trying to drum up the courage for version 5.0
BTW, I think the B is close to standard except for shift linkage and Alton. Found out the other day I have the correct fuel pipe! No doubt there are other sins, but prefer to remain ignorant about them.

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
Cyborg wins the cheese burger. Thats my wide line Norvin. Yes, a Vincent engine will go into a slime line. I have worked on a few.
Hello Ken and All. When I saw the question did a twin fit in a slimline I thought they did because thought Garry Nemeceks Norvin was a slimline I found some photos of a club event with Garrys Norvin in them Seems I have clicked the next image in the film roll to the one I intended My apologies for my mistake and confusion So here is the pic I meant to send Now I really really hope this is a slimline I now also see in this pic a Vincati and I think a V Rod both also being talked about on this forum Seems I have fluked a trifecta Now I will nervously try to attach correct file
2ABA5071-1CD3-48DE-A48C-A91A8DBF49E2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Yes that's a Slimline, I'm tempted to change my Norvin from "cafe racer" styling to more standard Norton, I've been using my Atlas for months and when I went out on the Vincent a couple of weeks ago was disappointed with how bad it felt comfort/weight, handling wise even with all the mods I've done.