Vincent Concept Design- They called it "The Beast"

Real Rocker

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The Beast

You are following in the footsteps of the previous designer,too many joints ,i.e. separate pushrod tubes,valve caps etc. all add up to a wet exterior & an expensive machine to manufacture & build. The vincent engine is a poor design with many designed in faults. Too many to list here. I am currently playing with a 1934 Scott engine & it is a revelation. So easy & simple to work on. Open the crankcase window by undoing three nuts & inspect the big end, take off the transfer ports & exhaust manifolds & the pistons & rings are there for inspection. All this done in less than 10 minutes WITH the engine still in the chassis. Then my most favoured engine,the Norton Rotary. Maintenance free, fast & soooo smooth & torquey Plus it costs peanuts to manufacture & is physically very small & light. I look at my Vincent these days & marvel that such an engineers nightmare is so highly regarded & can`t fathom why I persevere with it. Can any medical men out there explain this disease. Dell Boy.

c. mackiewicz

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you for the information Real Rocker. As of right now, there are no plans to actually build a working model of this motorcycle. Our final deliverable is a 1/4 scale model of the bike itself. This is a sketch of where its at right now. We would like the motorcycle to be an evolution of when Vincent was in its prime.

142bzb9.jpg

Last edited: