Vincent Comet, longshot.

Burty

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I an trying to trace a Vincent Comet owned by my late Father, I have nothing to go on but his name. Harry Snares, known as Sonny, lived in the Sidcup area, can anyone help?

len.c

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Burty.I have nearly finished restoring a 1951 Comet which abadoned in 1963 on the rear mudguard was a badge from the Sidcup and district M/C club ,I contacted the club secretary trying to find some history on the machine.Do you know what dates your father owned his Comet. len.c

Burty

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Cant be too clear on the dates, I'll contact his brother and enquire more, my Dad was badly injured in an accident in 1958 on another bike so he had it up to 1958, it was sold on his behalf by a chap called Bob Wandon. I'm trying to find this because I'd like to see it having never met him, he died in 1971. I'll be in touch.

len.c

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Burty ,It may be worth trying the Sidcup and district M/C club I googled the club and contacted the secretary ,it was and apparently still is a very strong club, it,s just possible your father may have been a member Regards len.c