H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Vincent Comet 1952

MJohnS

Forum User
VOC Member
Thank you Simon for all your help. I think that because only 107 touring Comets were made I need to restore my machine as it left the factory. However, it looks as though it could be a challenge to obtain a set of valanced mudguards!

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thank you Simon for all your help. I think that because only 107 touring Comets were made I need to restore my machine as it left the factory. However, it looks as though it could be a challenge to obtain a set of valanced mudguards!

You might be pleasantly surprised by the ad on page 57 in the January 2019 MPH, #840.
I have a set of Series A mudguards from them and the quality is excellent.
Cheers, John

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
You might be pleasantly surprised by the ad on page 57 in the January 2019 MPH, #840.
I have a set of Series A mudguards from them and the quality is excellent.
Cheers, John
also will be available from a friend, made from carbon fibre and a lot lighter than the excellent ones made by the late Phil Primmer, these also have the correct depressions' moulded in to them so that they fit correctly

MJohnS

Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for the info about the carbon fibre option. Are you able to provide me with contact details for your friend please?

druridge

VOC Member
The (rear) touring guard on my Rapide also has the 'correct depressions' - apparently put on with a hammer at the factory!

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
The (rear) touring guard on my Rapide also has the 'correct depressions' - apparently put on with a hammer at the factory!

For some reason Phill would not believe that any one would take a hammer to brand new mudguard's and dent them, consequently all the ones that he made where completely smooth and had to be fettled to make them fit

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Don't forget when searching for a set, the Comet rear touring guard will be slightly different to the twin rear touring guard due to the rear chainguard being on the opposite side.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJohnS

Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for pointing out the chainguard positioning! Also, this is my first venture as a new VOC member into the forum and I am very impressed with the quantity and quality of all the responses.