Vincent Clutch pushrod modification; MPH 734, page 16/17

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Folks, it seems that the item on the modified twin pushrod in the latest MPH was like a crack opening in a dam. By mid day Monday the original batch of 10 had been ordered and the phone was ringing until well after 2130 Monday evening. More emails arrived Tuesday. There is absolutely no problem getting another batch of 10 or 20 made but it will take a couple of weeks or so. So please be patient and everyone who would like one will get one. Thanks for the interest. Norman

Albervin

VOC Member
Hello Folks, it seems that the item on the modified twin pushrod in the latest MPH was like a crack opening in a dam. By mid day Monday the original batch of 10 had been ordered and the phone was ringing until well after 2130 Monday evening. More emails arrived Tuesday. There is absolutely no problem getting another batch of 10 or 20 made but it will take a couple of weeks or so. So please be patient and everyone who would like one will get one. Thanks for the interest. Norman
Typical. The latest MPH is still a week away for those of us not in the UK or EU. Whatever it is you are talking about we have no idea. Maybe I should just order one & hope it comes in handy.:confused:

timetraveller

VOC Member
Patience Albervin, patience. Good things come to those who wait. If you are interested once you have seen the item then let me know. Orders are still arriving so it looks as though the second batch will be at least 20 and if even more are required then there is absolutely no problem making them.

G

Graham Smith

Typical. The latest MPH is still a week away for those of us not in the UK or EU. Whatever it is you are talking about we have no idea. Maybe I should just order one & hope it comes in handy.:confused:

Alyn - your copy of MPH was posted on Saturday 27th February, so you should receive it soon!

G

Graham Smith

Maybe I should just order one & hope it comes in handy.:confused:

If you order one and don't use it, you can always 'out it' on eBay!

How about listing it as an original Black Lightning part? I'm sure that'll get the bids rolling in!

timetraveller

VOC Member
Just so those who do not have their copy of MPH yet, what is being discussed is a replacement for the drive side part of the clutch pushrod. It has a needle roller thrust race incorporated in order to try to ensure that the outer plate lifts squarely and thus frees properly.

Albervin

VOC Member
Norman & Graham. There was a touch of sarcasm & frustration in my original post. I did not mean to cause offence but the original post was totally meaningless to all those who have (had) not received their monthly fix of MPH.
I thought there was a "scattered" postage to ensure MPH arrived in Dorset at about the same time as in Wollongong but maybe the posting of floggers corner on the web has obviated that tiresome job (no sarcasm there)!
This sounds like a welcome mod & I had a similar set up on my 1969 BSA Firebird that worked a treat. At the moment I have a V3 clutch that is the bees' knees (query apostrophe placement; one or two bees?) so the modified push rod will go with my original clutch in a box at the back of the shed for later use. Thanks Norm for your forward thinking.

timetraveller

VOC Member
And in any case, how many knees does one bee have?
And for those who like this sort of thing

What noise annoys and oyster?
Any annoys an oyster.
What noise annoys an oyster most?
A noisy noise annoys an oyster most.

I wll now run off over the horizon gibbering to myself.