Vincent "Chopper"

Prosper Keating

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Interesting position for the headlamp. I suppose the reactions of purists to this interpretation of PCV's vision would be amusing but I wouldn't want to try riding any distance on it. Irving must be spinning in his grave. He was always quite outspoken on the topic of choppers. I think you could probably achieve the same shock effect by putting a standard spec twin together with pink cycle parts and a gold-anodised motor. As we used to say in the army, any fool can be uncomfortable...

PK

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
here is an update on the chopper from redneck engineering. Mike, the owner of the bike has contacted me recently to see if I can help him locate a UFM, RFM and aset of girdraulics (he only ever had the engine), so I guess the chopper is to be laid to rest!
mark

Ostendorf

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Good End

Hi to all,

so it seems to come to a good end :)

@ Mark: Could you please ask Mike if the bike is ridable?

@ Don: Would it be legitime for the purists, if a complete aftermarket engine

would be used for such a Bike :confused:

regs

Uwe

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
I know that the bike was rideable, but Mike said it wasn't fun for a long distance. The engine is a vincent engine, not a repro, steve hamel rebuilt it.
mark

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
chopper

Although there have been some very clever folks building some very good "custom bikes"out there, it doesnot take a slide rule to see most are a triumph of form over function. Matt Hotch's vinnie went to bonneville a while ago-it wouldn't go over 97mph [i liked that one too]. Be careful, Roy.

Prosper Keating

Non-VOC Member
Hi to all,

so it seems to come to a good end :)

@ Mark: Could you please ask Mike if the bike is ridable?

@ Don: Would it be legitime for the purists, if a complete aftermarket engine

would be used for such a Bike :confused:

regs

Uwe

I am sure they would find a reason to moan!

LOL!

Prosper "Don Canard" Keating

Ostendorf

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Custom Vincents

Hi all,

@ Mark: thanks for the info, I'd expected the bike would be ok for "cafe racing"
and that long distance is a torture. (I recognized the engine as an original one).

@Roy: Matt Hotch's vinnie looks faster than it is, my old Shadow might be able to overtake it :p

@Don: if there is a vincent logo on the tank, the "purists" would surely regard repro engined bikes as sacrilegs too ;)

regs

Uwe

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I published a picture of this bike in MPH #693 October 2006. I stated that I was assured the engine was s**** value when started. I subsequently talked with Steve about this engine, as I was told it was reclaimed from a set of broken cases. Not so. Everything in that engine is new, and to see the details see MPH #695 page 56.

Robert

Ostendorf

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Robert,

found your article about the Vinnie in MPH #695.

There are some very intersting technical solutions realised on this motorcycle, so it's not only "function follows form" like on other custom bikes.

Thanks to all for this "all over the world" thread, feels good to be a part of the cyber VOC :)

Uwe

Puddle jumper

Non-VOC Member
My custom Vincent

Hi Gang,
Thought you might like to see a few pictures of my latest project it's an HRD engined chop, with a hand made one off frame and many parts, made by myself in my garage workshop. It's still at the dry build stage, I hope to have it finished in time for the summer, if we get one,
All the best for the new year
Cheers Paul.

Attachments

• family mix dec2008 071.jpg
    family mix dec2008 071.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 58
  • family mix dec2008 073.jpg
    family mix dec2008 073.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 41
  • family mix dec2008 072.jpg
    family mix dec2008 072.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 36