Vincent "Chopper"

ogrilp400

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Custom Vincents

Yes there are a few around. Matt Hotch has made one similar to this one. I have seen a few photos' from the sixties and seventies of Vincent engined Choppers using the traditional (for the time) stretched hard tail frame and raked and extended forks.

Ostendorf

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Custom Vincents

Hi,

I remember seeing a painting from Dave Mann in an old Easy Rider Mag of a Vincent Chopper, but Vincent engines were more often used for hybrids like Norvins or Eglis than for Choppers.

Anyway, I will not chop my Shadow, eventhough the redneck-bike looks tempting :D

regs

Uwe

bmetcalf

VOC Member
The chain looks good for a photo, but just a little tight for riding. Also, the link in the shifter linkage looks nice and flexible.

Ostendorf

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Bruce,

that's the problem with a lot of custom bikes, looking good on the pics and on shows, but not ridable.

But is has a licence plate and lights, so it's roadlegal :)

regs

Uwe

Ostendorf

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dave Mann Vincent Photo

Hi,

I've searched the net, but I could't find it yet :confused:

I will look in my biker's mag "archive", maybe I'll find it there.

regs

Uwe

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I have the centrefold posted on my garage wall. When the snow subsides a bit I'll go and look to see if it has a date.
Robert

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Dave Mann poster

Hi All,

Just had a quick look on the web, and came up with the following

Dave Mann "Black Tornado" Vincent from the 'Easyriders' magazine, probably early 1990's. Theres a dealer in Canada selling prints on eBay.

Neil

PS
Dealer uses the name rambo13abc

Ostendorf

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dave Mann poster

Hi all,

thanks for your efforts :D

I found the poster on the bay and also the Easyriders mag with the centerfold in my "archive".

Dave Mann was an extraordinary artist and a real biker too.

best regards

Uwe