Vincent "Chopper"

peterg

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Well howdy Chaps,

...can't believe it, I can actually respond to a post now. Kept listing Somer Hooker as a reference for my VOC membership application and was summarily rejected, finally figured that one out, changed it to Tom Gaynor and bingo, thanks to Graham, here I am.

The redneck machine? If the same one - and has to be - it was ridden frequently at Bike Week 07 and made the Monday night Vincent Dinner. One cannot appreciate how very low this piece is in a picture - seat lower than my knee cap. Imagine squatting down and kicking your machine with no compression release while stretching forward and leaned over about 45 degrees on a very short side stand. After a supreme effort on the exhausted rider's part it thundered to life whereupon with no delay he dumped the clutch and blasted off snatching gears all the way....right past the unblinking eye of the local gendarmes tucked back in a dark corner along Beach blvd. We filed past the flashing blue lighted scene of the apprehension like viewers at a wake, but alas saw him the next morning chipper as ever, citation for minimal/no lighting in hand. Even Daytona's cold hearted finest can appreciate our product from Sevenage, especially when breathing through Spitfire-like stub exhausts, even mildly tuned, it has a crack like no other accompanied by dramatic puffs of road borne grit as it skims along seemingly just above the pavement.

As far as morphing this back into a Rapide of some sort, of far greater challenge than assembling the requisiite parts pile is changing the current texture of every formerly polished surface on that powerplant. It can best be described as sand blasted at the moment.

Last edited:

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A note for Puddle Jumper. I am not a pessimist at heart but look out for that pivoting rear end. It looks very flexible to me and likely to fatigue. :(