Vincent Cafe Racer Build

Black Flash

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hmmm, I would like to know how they managed to fit a high pressure oiling system to this engine, could be very interesting if that is true

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Gregs observation. Don't like the chances of getting to those hub bolts/nuts any time soon........

Hadn't noticed the double spocking, 80 ! Or perhaps he's done what I do & helicoil the flanges then use Alan key set bolts & wire, far simpler, quicker, less weight and easier to clean. The K I S S system.
bananaman

highbury731

VOC Member
From the right side, those exhaust pipes have a lovely sweep. But look at the bike from the front or rear, and you see that they stick out wide, and will cause massive cornering clearance problems. Like the carburettors, the width of the pipes will force the rider's legs out, increasing frontal area. Style over function.
Paul

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Gregs observation. Don't like the chances of getting to those hub bolts/nuts any time soon........

Hadn't noticed the double spocking, 80 ! Or perhaps he's done what I do & helicoil the flanges then use Alan key set bolts & wire, far simpler, quicker, less weight and easier to clean. The K I S S system.
bananaman
Come on Marcus, Don't keep us guessing, the K I S S system? K? insert stainless steel?

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID
Oh well, someone had to fall for it I suppose, but if you are going to use socket cap heads going through from the brake drum side is not a lot simpler just to just pop a nylock nut on the hub side, should be easy to just hold a static spanner on the nut, saves a lot of hassle having to drill, tap and helicoil holes in the hub, and I don't think looking at the bike that Marcus rides that the weight saving will much of a consideration, a few ounces maybe.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Eddy, I am not sure whether you are requesting photos to make it easier for yourself to visualise or for the benefit of all, but all Marcus does is to drill out the aluminium hub holes, either 5 or 10 hole hubs, then tap and helicoil those holes back to the original thread form and size as the standard hub bolts, but you will not use the standard bolts with eccentric heads, instead you use socket cap head bolts inside the brake drums and screw them into your newly installed helicoils fitted to the aluminium hubs, thereby doing away with either 5 or 10 nuts completely, that is your weight saving, plus I suppose a little shorter bolts as they only need to engage with helicoil, also seems that for safety Marcus wire locks the socket cap head bolts inside the brake drum, I think I will stick with 5 bolt hubs and nylock nuts, oh yes and sore knuckles!