Vincent "B" Ammeter

jdhmike

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Any suggestions where I might find a Miller Ammeter, part number PR18F ( I believe). Thanks in advance for your time and any suggestions.

Mike

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
b.JPG
a.JPG
Come up on ebay from time to time, I am guessing you are looking for the one with all the writing on? There are at least two different styles of text on these and also two different ammeter scales, the earlier one painted and later in plastic.
c.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Len Matthews

VOC Member
At one stage I came across a Miller ammeter with a scale that read 12-0-12 amps. Any idea what that was intended for?

greg brillus

VOC Member
I thought the series "B" s had the early Miller ammeter with the miller Lighthouse logo on the fascia, the ones as in the picture above were on the series "C"'s.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
My thought too, in regards to early versus late patterns. Not strictly correct to say B vs C.

Rob H

VOC Member
It would be nice to find out what was fitted to what, I have asked the question many times but not able to get any positive answer. I think it is possible / likely that very early B's had the lighthouse logo, they also had the taillight with the miller badge. It just depends on what was available at the time. The late 47 barn find B that I have has the metal scale type as shown above. Chronologically I believe they were as follows:
Lighthouse logo type
Small writing metal scale
Small writing plastic scale
Large writing plastic scale
Diamond logo type

If anyone has a Vin with traceable provenance of being untouched the I would be interested to know.

Following on from this discussion the same questions also relate to:
Type of logo on the speedo
Headlamp glass fluted or miller logo
Headlight switch, there are two different knobs and also at least two faceplates with different size writing, also when was the chrome surround introduced?

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
It would be nice to find out what was fitted to what, I have asked the question many times but not able to get any positive answer.

There is no positive answer, only general rules with exceptions/variations.