"Vinago"a new breed.

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Of course a Yamaha Virago is not a Vincent, but its close relation, the Yamaha TR1 920 is probably the closest that you will get in a modern (1984) reincarnation at a fraction of the cost, apocryphal stories abound that Yamaha, recognizing what a fantastic motorcycle the Vincent really was, set about reproducing an updated version of the open Series D Vincent, with a few refinements such as electric start, an excellent fully enclosed rear chain running in moly oil, engine as a stressed member, rear monoshock suspension etc.etc. I picked up my low mileage, mint condition example for £850.00, it is not a Vincent but it is a fine motorcycle without the cachet. Happy Days

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Maybe they should have built him one of these?:confused: P1000488 (1).jpg

ray vinmad

VOC Drawings Manager
VOC Member
How about one of these as the ultimate `non' Vincent?

IMG_0322.jpg

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 48

ray vinmad

VOC Drawings Manager
VOC Member
OOPs,
Not sure how the thumbnail of the `real' one got in there... I must have pressed the wrong button somewhere!!!

The Norton/Yamaha has TR1 TON embossed on the drive cover. Very neat. Wouldn't mind giving it a run.

Ray

carlm

Non-VOC Member
Vigaro was a lawn fertilizer. Maybe its still sold here, I don't know, I don't have a lawn. Point being: that particular Yamaha was about as pretty as fertilizer, and damn near anything would be an improvement. Too bad about the decal and the hyperbole.

Cheers
Carl