• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Vin Masters - Mike Parti

TouringComet

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Administrator
VOC Forum Website Moderator
It is nice that there are many Vincent craftsmen around. Here's one from So Cal that is still at it after many years and countless jobs completed.

Thanks to Josh Bogage for the photo of AMA Hall of Famer Mike Parti in action in his garage. Mike is on the right handling the torch. Not sure if he is actually working on a Vin, but it's just nice to see him still active.

MikeParti.jpg

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Hi Buddy,

To all ,this is the guy that built the vincentstreamliner.com web sight and maintains it! THANKS! See you on the salt Seve?

TouringComet

VOC Member
Wish I would be, but I don't think I will be able to make it this year.

If you send me more narratives of the last few years I'll add them to the website. Photos too, who can send me some pics?

Albervin

VOC Member
I met Mike in 2010. Only about an hour or so. He was one of those guys a 20 year old would pass by and not give a second glance to. BUT! His workshop was amazing. Not as high tech as Dan Smith's but the stuff he has produced is amazing. His knowledge of Vincents is beyond my comprehension. But better than that he has a love of veteran machines that defines his understanding of the design, development, tuning and development of the 4 stroke motorcycle engine. Thanks Steve for taking me to visit this man. A highlight of my 2010 trip to the VOC International Rally.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Wish I would be, but I don't think I will be able to make it this year.

If you send me more narratives of the last few years I'll add them to the website. Photos too, who can send me some pics?

Sorry you cant make it, I will start working on the narratives and pics. Again thanks a bunch, I will say every year, the team ask, is Steve coming.

TouringComet

VOC Member
Well, there is that one guy that would be asking the question (will I be there) hoping for the opposite answer as all the rest, but if I recall correctly, he may not be on your team anymore.

C.Flint

Forum Website User
VOC Member
Mike's workbench

I had the pleasure of meeting Mike, getting the shop and "museum" tour last year. He has a vast wealth of knowledge and doesn't suffer fools gladly. He did a nice rebuild on my '48 Rapide motor and transmission...I have attached a picture of the motor sitting on his workbench which is surrounded by machine tools, parts, hot rods and memorabilia. He is a treasure.

Attachments

• Rapide at Parti Feb13.jpg
    Rapide at Parti Feb13.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 64

Somer

VOC Member
Mike is a great guy. Dick Busby took me over there in85 and Mike and have been friends ever since.

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.