Victor Transfers

Calle

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello

I am looking for both the big and the small Vincent Victor transfers for my and Rolands Vincent Victor Copy. Does anyone know anything about these transfers? We are two Victor builders in Sweden at the moment.

I would also be delighted to get pictures of the transfers, if I can't manage to get hold of the real ones.

There is a picture of my Victor at http://www.vincenthrd.se/sidvagn.php?lang=2
or http://www.vincenthrd.se/bilder/victor.jpg.

Calle

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Any Keystone Section members know if Bill Norton, their S.O., made a Victor replica? I have a vague recollection that he did and might have some ideas.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Victor

Hello Calle,
I like the idea of your bike, Looks good.
Any chance of a photo on the forum of your upper frame fixing.
In the seventies I built a D twin special and for a bit of fun fitted a 500 lump in it,Just for a couple of months.
I didn't link the top of F106 with the cylinder head, Like the photo of Tony Cording's in MPH dec' and after a few months a friend saw a crack going
from the top downwards on F106 (GULP)!.
I have never seen a Victor top frame, But i think there is some form of link.
All The Best Bill.

Calle

VOC Member
Hej! (Swedish for hello)

I had to write a confession. I never understood how the UFM on the Victor was designed so I used a modified series C oiltank. The tank is modified to suit a series D rear damper and the mounting point for the rear frame. I could once borrow Neville's Shabby Shadow frame and do a fixture so the shock absorber and rear frame mounting point are in the right place. The oil tank came from a Vincent chopper and was so badly destroyed that a restoration to original was nearly impossible (normally I don't modify original Vincent parts). As a matter of fact, the fasting for the rear cylinder head/F 106 was intact. I use the frame as an oiltank and have a series C petrol tank. If somebody have a reasonably priced oiltank for a series D please contact me. If I got a D oiltank I could solder the oilhole in the petrol tank.

Because the twins and singles have their RFM mounting points (pivot) located differently both for the height and length, I had to do some brain exercise (I don't exaggerate). A whole lot of measurement had to be done before everything was in its place. In my opinion it is impossible to use an ordinary rear frame from a series D twin on a single (although I have been wrong before). Unfortunately I have been stingy with the camera during the building time, but next week I will try to put some pictures of my Victor on http://www.vincenthrd.se/bilder.php?lang=2

Does anyone know if the original Victor production was ready or was it only for show? For me it is clear that it is impossible to use a twin series D frame on a single without any modifications.

I hope you understand what I try to say.

Greetings from Sweden

Calle

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Victor

Hello Calle,
Sorry I have made you confess, !!
I have done many Mod's, I too am a bad man.
I used a proper D top tube and D rear spring but I used a C rear frame,
With lots of work with a grinder !!.
I still think your bike looks the part, Most people would not know it was wrong.
Most people think mine is an Egli , Not a lot of people know that most of it is Vincent. To get over the oil tank problem my brother cut my petrol tank
side to side and made it 2" higher then made one side oil and the other side petrol.
Lots of luck. Bill.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Derek Peters, one time editor of MPH and member of the Sussex Section, has a home built 'D' open single (?Comet) which he has ridden for years. It is a very nice piece of work so he is the man to tell you what you need, My understanding is that it is vital that you have a connecting tube from the front head to the rear casting which replaces the rear cylinder on a twin. Fail to do that, and there is not one on the photograph, and one day the whole lot will fail. Derek used to be on this Forum a lot so maybe he will see this and give us the facts.

Good luck

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Norman,
I know of Derek's Mod', I have some photos of it from Liphook meet's.
I have tried to tell Tony Cording, Just in case he didn't know, But I can't send E-Mails anymore, Not for a bit anyway.
It would be nice to see how the Factory did it.
If I did it again I would make F106 out of Steel, As well as linking F106 to top of cyl' head,
All The Best. Bill.