Very Small petrol filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Does anyone know of a source of very small petrol filters,. Ideally the body of the filter should be about one, to one and a quarter inches long, with about half an inch of fixed pipe at each end, to take 6mm inside diameter petrol pipe. The body of the filter should be about a half to three quarters of an inch in diameter. These dimensions are not critical but it does have to be small.

If you promise not to laugh I'll tell you I am restoring a CYCLEMASTER. A gut wrenching 32ccs of raw power from 1950 in the rear wheel of a 1950 Hercules upright bike.
An identical model carried me to and fro from work in the Forestry Commission, some 20 to 30 miles per day (depending where working in the forest) day in day out.in all weathers, some 66 years ago. It did not break down very often despite no maintenance, whatsoever, some oil, sometimes in the petrol, and full throttle flat out all the time.. 22/23 mph in ideal conditions and around 200mpg. What is not to like?!

Attachments

• SAM_4196.JPG
    SAM_4196.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 21

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Not sure if it's small enough, Cheers Bill.
Maybe give them a ring ?.

Attachments

• IMG_5695-1000.jpg
    IMG_5695-1000.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 18

kerry

VOC Member
The ones shown are available on eBay, BUT, most of this type have a bronze filter inside them which you can cut out and fit hidden inside the 6mm pipe, I have done it, We used to buy them seperately years ago for lawnmowers. If you draw a blank I may be able to find you one. Kerry.

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
The ones shown are available on eBay, BUT, most of this type have a bronze filter inside them which you can cut out and fit hidden inside the 6mm pipe, I have done it, We used to buy them seperately years ago for lawnmowers. If you draw a blank I may be able to find you one. Kerry.
also available from LAS aerospace ltd part number 05-01030 cost £3.81

phone number 01837 658081

www.Lasaero.com

norm

Colin

VOC Member
Thanks Bill & Kerry. I had found something on eBay but if not satisfactory, will try your recommendations

Sakura

Non-VOC Member
Does anyone know of a source of very small petrol filters,. Ideally the body of the filter should be about one, to one and a quarter inches long, with about half an inch of fixed pipe at each end, to take 6mm inside diameter petrol pipe. The body of the filter should be about a half to three quarters of an inch in diameter. These dimensions are not critical but it does have to be small.

If you promise not to laugh I'll tell you I am restoring a CYCLEMASTER. A gut wrenching 32ccs of raw power from 1950 in the rear wheel of a 1950 Hercules upright bike.
An identical model carried me to and fro from work in the Forestry Commission, some 20 to 30 miles per day (depending where working in the forest) day in day out.in all weathers, some 66 years ago. It did not break down very often despite no maintenance, whatsoever, some oil, sometimes in the petrol, and full throttle flat out all the time.. 22/23 mph in ideal conditions and around 200mpg. What is not to like?!
I won't laugh about Cyclmasters or any of the clip one of that period. My father, a long distance lorry driver, used to cycle about 8 miles to work, and back, in all weathers in the 1950s. Towards the end of the 50s he obtained a clip on which transformed his journey. His first car was an Austin Ruby in about 1962. How times of changed! I, of course, was brought up on a handful of hot gravel for breakfast..........

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
I won't laugh about Cyclmasters or any of the clip one of that period. My father, a long distance lorry driver, used to cycle about 8 miles to work, and back, in all weathers in the 1950s. Towards the end of the 50s he obtained a clip on which transformed his journey. His first car was an Austin Ruby in about 1962. How times of changed! I, of course, was brought up on a handful of hot gravel for breakfast..........
you where spoilt it should have been cold, and not milk

Status
Not open for further replies.