Versatiller

Little Honda

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just pulling your leg Roy.
I picked up a complete and original finish Versatiller off Trademe about 10 years ago cheap as chips.
Engine numbers still follow Vincent coding protocol.
Strangely mine doesn't have the letter C in there though.
This reminds me of my very first tuning object, when I was in my teenage years: Our neighbour was an old chap
who had 2 left hands. He used to cut his electric cable with his lawn mower. So my father offered him our mower, which was an english make with 2 driven wheels. As it had sheared its drive teeth inside the left wheel,
my father got a new mower and told me to pass the old one to our neighbour. In my very best intention, I
wanted to check it over and to increase power a bit, as it only had left one drive wheel. So I pulled the cylinder
off and filed a long afternoon until dark. I had never done this b4, but had listened to my experienced pals, who
all had tuned their mopeds, themselves. Of course, I started the engine, b4 bringing it to our neighbour, to know, everything was in good order.
2 days later, after school, sun shining, I saw our neighbour mowing his lawn. The engine was sounding like a
screamin eagle, the exhaust tube was bright red, and the neighbour was spitting all the time, having a green
face, as all the grass flew in a long bow over the carry into his face due to the higher revs of the knife. As he
could not walk as fast as the mower wanted to work, the single driven wheel was turning and slipping over the
ground, leaving burnt gras along each line, he went.
I wanted to stop him, but he did not hear my shouting due to the screaming engine. So I went.
He used it quite satisfied for quite some time this summer, without engine-breakdown.