E: Engine Venolia Pistons

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I went to inquire about some special pistons and came across a thread that said Venolia Pistons (USA) were or had closed (because Trump had taxed aluminum?)
Their web site is still up.
I have used their services before for special pistons they did a good job and were great value
Does any one in the land of the free know anything?
If they have I shall have to do some searching:(

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Yeah, they long ago shut down the Aluminum Plants on the Columbia River, so Alloy, even Steel, etc., has to be imported. Same here with Brit stuff. BTW, how many of you are driving German, French. Korean or Japanese, etc. cars? The UK lost/gave away it's Industry to the foreign markets also. To top it off, the Chinese now are going Green and shutting down their production plants. In the end it all comes home and bites you... "Land of the Free?"..... HA! Free to Starve to Death!
https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2557709

vibrac

VOC Member
Looks like JE Custom Pistons do custom jobs minimum order 2 cant see any prices anyone tried their CUSTOM service

davidd

VOC Member
I ran JE pistons a few years ago. Carleton Palmer ordered them and I bought them from him as we used the same piston. They worked fine and I don't think Carleton had any serious problems, but he wanted to switch to CP. JE had a reputation in the road racing community of making mistakes on orders, but I cannot say that Carleton had any problems.

When I ordered the last four pistons from CP they cost $360 each with rings, ceramic coating, teflon coating, milling under the crown and shipping.
CP Piston 2017   1.jpg

CP Piston 2017   4.jpg

The last time I bought steel the price had jumped 60% to me. I would assume that aluminum prices jumped about the same. Many of these older companies are run by older guys. They need only a good reason to retire and tariffs on metal tend to provide that.

David

Mr. Boring

VOC Member
We talked to the bookkeeper in January and she said the owner died or retired. Can't remember which. Long time sales manager Dale retired. We got some blueprints of some of our piston design that we had on file with them. Always a stand up company with great people. They were limited on technology but still made a fine product. RIP