Vancouver Section Ride.

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Locals have been emailed but just thought I would share this.

The Vancouver Section will be having a smallish ride tomorrow to the Mosquito Bar and Grill. Now although we do have an original air Frame WW2 Mosquito in town, this is not involved. The location in in a small strip mall whose main tenant is well know local bank, that being the South Bank of the Fraser. We will meet there about 2 PM where we will be dined on by the locals. As this has been an interesting year as far as water goes with river level rising and falling several times, and at present being at maximum flow, there appears to be a larger than usual number of the local inhabitants. I have checked and the parking lot and outdoor picnic tables appear to be above water level but that doesn't mean the whole place is dry!

This of course is a BYOR event. Several good repellants are available at local outdoor shops. See you there, wear your leathers, maybe keep your helmet and gloves on and of course boots reaching above the ankles are recommended. Masks of course as although we will limit participants to less than 50 as per the Provincial guidelines, we don't want to be recognized in any videos that go viral.

It is also pot luck so bring a snack and a wine glass

Robert

Should you wish to join see location here.

Last edited:

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
...and now back to my point. It is approximately a 4 day ride (2,280km) to that location by the quickest route, ergo in order to attend I require 4.5 days notice. Regrettably, therefore, I shall not be able to attend. I trust you will pass on my regrets.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
2280 km is less than 1500 miles. I have done 2/3 of that in about 15 hours on my Vincent. If you had left when you got the notice, left that big modern thing at home, you would have been here with time to spare. However I was much older then and I am younger than that now so will accept your apology for absence.

PS I have already had one local (new to Vincents) spend more than an hour looking on google for the location. He does tell me he found several Mosquito Bar and Grills, but none in a strip mall with a bank in it, especially around here. He is starting to experience the flippancy which is the Vancouver Section.

Jim Bush

VOC Member
I got it, see you there...

Actually, I am having some issues with starting issues with my new VPA Ignition - I do get kick backs, but that is probably due to not being able to get a good long swinging kick. My COVID legs are a little weak, no kick starts for 8 months....

Robert Watson showed me it could be easily done in one kick, so I have some training to do>

Maybe at tomorrow's Section Meet at the Mosquito Bar & Grill - after a few glasses I will get the old guys to show me how... that will be after the compulsory 20 minute debate on why my brake rod adjuster nuts are horizontal, not vertical.. Should be fun.

Last edited: