valeo starter for grosset

Mark Fisher

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Can anyone tell me the model of the valeo starter used in the grosset kit? The grosset parts are all fine but the starter is utterly dead, I'm hoping I can buy one here in the US rather the all the way from France.
thanks
mark

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Is this the starter used on late 80's BMW R100's? The damn magnets are glued in and fell out on ours at the OZ International.

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
The main body, magnets, armature, brush holder and epicyclic gears seem to be the same on all D6R starters, just the mounting points and bending differ, which are not used on the Grosset.

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
The main body, magnets, armature, brush holder and epicyclic gears seem to be the same on all D6R starters, just the mounting points and bending differ, which are not used on the Grosset.

Can anyone tell me what the rotation is on the starter clock or anticlock? This will save me the hassle of taking one off a bike to see.
thanks
mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Looking from the timing side of the bike, the gearbox main shaft turns clockwise, so with two pin ions between this and the starter, it must be anti-clockwise.
But I've been wrong before!
Bill