Vale, Laurie Binns

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I had been dreading this moment would come for some time now, knowing Laurie for only a fairly short 5 or 6 years, and knowing some of his hardships in his personal life in what I would describe as his last Difficult years. As Martyn rightly said, He was a true gentleman, true to his word, Honest as the day is long, and always polite and dignified. His engineering abilities were outstanding to say the least, I remember him telling me that his greatest Mentor was his own father.....who apparently could repair/machine things that some would say, could not be done. I would say that is a fair comment. His enthusiasm for the Vincent marque was unquestionable, as his talents with regards to major or minor repairs was quite amazing. I think he must have had jigs to repair jigs......:), But his workmanship was to the highest standards, some would say a bit "Over the top" I never had a problem with that, and he always had a fascinating way of describing his work. I found talking and dealing with him to be a real Honor, and something I will savor for a long time. I only had the pleasure of meeting him face to face once, earlier this year luckily. So I bid you farewell my good friend...Lets hope there's a spare Four jaw chuck, and a steady tool post up stairs for you to tinker with. It has been a privilege to know you......R.I.P......Laurie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Lauries funeral service will be held at the Heatherton-Dingley Uniting Church, Heatherton and Old Dandenong Rd, Heatherton, Victoria, Australia on FRIDAY (Nov. 6, 2015) at 10.30 a. m. . It has been requested for as many classic and modern motorcycles to be there as possible. If you are in the area why not come along and bid this wonderful gentleman farewell.

Ant tribute notices will be in the Herald-Sun newspaper and on their web site.
http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/no...&search.publicationDate=&random=1446595511651

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
The funeral directors seem to have made a tiny error in their public announcement of Lauries Funeral details.

The CORRECT details of the church is
HEATHERTON-DINGLEY UNITING CHURCH

Cnr. Kingston and Old Dandenong Roads, Heatherton, Victoria, Australia