USCRA Granite State Championships September 7, 2020

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Pete & Denise Talabach, well-know racers, and Vincenteers entered their Comet in the USCRA Granite State Championship yesterday. With rider Andy Townsend aboard for the first time on a Vincent. Andy won his class in Pre-50 and placed third overall in the very fast classes of Pre-65, Open GP and Ultralight Supervintage

thumbnail_IMG_1813.jpg

Andy on the left and Pete on the right.

I built this bike in 2008 and campaigned it to several podium finishes. I sold it to Randy Hoffman in 2013 and he rode it until the end of the 2019 season when he sold it to Pete. Pete was familiar with the bike, having spent many hours tuning on his dyno for me.

Congratulations to Pete, Denise and Andy on their first outing!

David

greg brillus

VOC Member
Your old racer still looks great David, You certainly did a fabulous job building it........Obviously Pete has moved on from the engine failure in his outfit........Good to see him still going strong........well done.

davidd

VOC Member
Greg,

Thanks! It is great to see it racing still. It does look very good to me.

For those who may not know, Pete and Denise raced a sidecar rig that Pete built many years ago. Greg met Pete when USCRA raced in Australia years ago. Pete called the rig "Red Molly."

Pat_106.jpg

100_1196.jpg

100_1201.jpg

After all the work Pete put into the bike a con-rod in a new Terry Prince flywheel assembly snapped. Pete would now like to put the rig back on the track. He would like to find a chopped engine case. He can use all the top end bits from the old engine and he would get a TTI transmission. Any help finding some chopped cases would be appreciated. I can pass any info along to Pete.

David