Unique Exhaust Pipes

fishingpaul

Forum User
VOC Member
Any idea what a fair price would be (exclusive of shipping)? My images of the pipes are "too large" but I can email them. The chrome is very good except a small area where the 2-piece pipes come together. Both pipes come apart easily for shipping, or use as stub pipes. I can also supply exact dimensions.

fishingpaul

Forum User
VOC Member
I was able to re-size a picture of the pipes. Please see above post and give me an idea of a fair price.

Attachments

• Vincent exhaust pipes resized.jpg
    Vincent exhaust pipes resized.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 59

fishingpaul

Forum User
VOC Member
If they haven't sold, Paul, I am interested. I am in Kent, Ohio.
Thanks, denniscorso1911@yahoo.com
Another VOC member wants them but we haven't struck a deal yet, so it's first come-first served. Waiting to hear from him but I want $400 + postage, for a VOC member, which I think is quite reasonable. I'm not sure the rules of this forum......hope it's legal to list my phone#......(703) 281-0054.

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It’s legal, but as this is a Public access forum rather than members only, it may not be advisable.

vibrac

VOC Member
As I said before with the class regulations against high level pipes and the space available we are very squeezed for space for silencers.
Some may have read about the CRMC meeting at Mallory earlier in the month, we all know about the ACU Noise test and it is a hoop I thought we could jump, but it seems the new owners at Mallory have made a new agreement with the local council (Part of the attitude "I bought this house and now I find there is a race circuit at the bottom of the garden :mad: ". This agreement has lead to trackside meters and races red flagged if the limits were breached, which is exactly what happened. A competitor I know said "the races were a shambles I wont go again" (remember he may have paid £200 for a ride and passed the ACU test).

Now we are due there at Mallory in June, later at a 'normal' ACU race elsewhere, and one venue with no exhaust restrictions, so apart from re jetting for each venue, this our answer (talk about back to the future) a Supertrap! end unit, when it stops raining we can try and write a Db against discs chart.
1621353304301.png

1621353764175.jpeg

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The same noise problem happened at the BHR Lydden meeting in 2019 and hence BHR decided to give Lydden a swerve in 2020, but of course that season never happened for obvious reasons.

The amount of times we had to have a silent period was ridiculous at Lydden and whilst we we obeying Joe Public was hooning it on the A20, at speeds well over the national speed limit. That noise was more likely to have been the noise culprit especially as the 'silencers' did not sound standard.

Harley riders do not help much either.

vibrac

VOC Member
And of course when Ben did the Endurance race at Donnington with the BMW flying brick that regularly is well below 105Db we often stopped talking in the pits when a plane came into east Midland Airport......
go figure!

Chris.R

VOC Member
OK are stainless steel exhaust pipes and mufflers available to fit a series B rapide being rebuilt by one of our Surrey group members??????????? if so where from!!!!!!!!