Ultimate vinney engine on ebay. Item # 230527968556

Mark Fraser

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
This one is a real 'peach'. Series B F10AB/1/998. Fully rebuilt by Bob Dunn.
Would like real good in a glass case. £8623 with 5 days to go. :D

I guess it will make 16K! It's going to be interesting.

Albervin

VOC Member
Number is actually 1998. Now up to £11,000. With the strong Aussie dollar it would be good value at anything up to £15,000.

Albervin

VOC Member
Maybe Bob Dunn will decide to build Ebay engines rather than doing his usual? USD23,887 is a tidy sum.

Starting with a "shot"engine worth (maybe) £8,000 then add rebuild costs. I saw a "bare" engine sell in Australia less than 2 years ago for AUD$15,000 which, at the time was £7,000 but is now £9,000. IF the engine that has just sold can be fitted & run "as is" then I would say it is value. How much is a complete Godet engine today?
I would be interested to know why a brand new rebuilt engine has been sold.... could it be the GFC has bitten someone or is there an even more poignant reason?
If I had bought it & put it in my Comet (total cost £4,000 max) then sold the Comet parts, I would have a nice non-matching numbers twin for about £18,000.
Just idle speculation of course,.....,

Mark Fraser

Non-VOC Member
Starting with a "shot"engine worth (maybe) £8,000 then add rebuild costs. I saw a "bare" engine sell in Australia less than 2 years ago for AUD$15,000 which, at the time was £7,000 but is now £9,000. IF the engine that has just sold can be fitted & run "as is" then I would say it is value. How much is a complete Godet engine today?
I would be interested to know why a brand new rebuilt engine has been sold.... could it be the GFC has bitten someone or is there an even more poignant reason?
If I had bought it & put it in my Comet (total cost £4,000 max) then sold the Comet parts, I would have a nice non-matching numbers twin for about £18,000.
Just idle speculation of course,.....,

That's what I've done, bought my comet for £4800 five years back, robbed the comet engine and bought wyatt cases to build a bitsa twin.
I haven't quite finished yet but cost wise about 14K for my twin. I'll ebay the left over's so maybe 13K ish.
I think it's the best way to go. Well impressed with the replica beefed up cases.