UK Government plans E10 petrol roll-out from September 2021

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The elephant in the room is human population numbers. We can cease to use fossil fuels and give up eating meat in exchange for insects but until something is done to control the growth of the numbers of humans on this planet there is no hope. If one considers life on this planet as an organism composed of interdepent parts then consider what happend in the human body if one part of it starts to reproduce to the detriment of the rest. We call that a cancer and it is often fatal.

ericg

VOC Member
The elephant in the room is human population numbers. We can cease to use fossil fuels and give up eating meat in exchange for insects but until something is done to control the growth of the numbers of humans on this planet there is no hope. If one considers life on this planet as an organism composed of interdepent parts then consider what happend in the human body if one part of it starts to reproduce to the detriment of the rest. We call that a cancer and it is often fatal.
I agree, I think we are the cancer of our poor planet.

vibrac

VOC Member
the answer if we cant sort population llies in more space and some people think space exploration is retrograde ! Just mining the asteroids,settling the moon as a jump off point and terraforming Mars would be a good start

LoneStar

VOC Member
the answer if we cant sort population llies in more space and some people think space exploration is retrograde ! Just mining the asteroids,settling the moon as a jump off point and terraforming Mars would be a good start

I'm all for space exploration, but as a solution to overpopulation it runs afoul of economics. Even allowing for future efficiencies, the cost to move and sustain a person on another planet will be enormous.

It's much cheaper to use birth control and prevent population growth in the first place. It will need to happen at some point - space and resources on earth are finite. Better 4 billion prosperous, healthy people than 20 billion crowded poor ones.

vibrac

VOC Member
I agree but for resources the trail is Moon-asteroids quite soon settlement is later (+300years) when Mars is self sustaining

vibrac

VOC Member
Anyway back to petrol the answer as I have said before lies in making petrol from CO2 from the atmosphere and hydrogen from sunlight ie a Co2 cycle with Zero co2 increase. However a little thought will see that any country with sunlight and air making its own petrol might upset some international balances -hence the big push to turn milk mans vans into a transport system What is the electric hardly ablesons range?: 90 miles and 10 hours charging. :eek:
The only part that makes me smile is how after years of preventing car manufacturers to mention performance in adverts suddenly the battery boys have to somehow find a way to start saying how fast the electric cars are because that's the best selling point they have.

Martin Conachey

Forum User
VOC Member
It’s. All gonna be a little confusing. On my Rapide i always use about 10 cc of lead replacement, from lucas oil products, in every tankful. i have had no fueling issues in many years of use. Will this still work with E10