Misc: Everything Else UFM plumbing

Dave61

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
My Rapide didn't come with the T32AS, and as I would have left out the T30 valve if I had, wondered if it would be ok to use the 3/8 bsp to 1/4 bsp (non Vincent) fitting I've already got & fit a separate gauze filter like davidd has on his Comet.
Would appreciate all opinions, even those thinking I'm an idiot !
Cheers
Dave

timetraveller

VOC Member
When I provide an alternator kit then I supply a connection to replace the whole of that assembly. Although it was a clever idea to allow the UFM to be removed without having to drain it first I think that the number of times one would want to do this is very low.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
When I provide an alternator kit then I supply a connection to replace the whole of that assembly. Although it was a clever idea to allow the UFM to be removed without having to drain it first I think that the number of times one would want to do this is very low.

Cheers for that Norman, looks like my problem is solved.
All the best
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
We were talking about this the other day, I think next time I would not fit the valve.
Better flow of oil ?.
It always leaks a small bit anyway ! When you undo it.
You could put your finger over the hole, And fit a ball bearing and a nut ?, When you take the UFM off ?.
Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
I soldered a 1p coin on to the top of a bsp nut to make a block nut I put a little dish under the pipe undo the pipe nut whip it off add the block nut and do it up. Net loss two tea spoons of oil same on replacing.
However most of the time I have drained the oil anyway for a rebuild then I only loose a few drops
Its not a bad insurance for a stop valve either sometimes it does not close.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
We were talking about this the other day, I think next time I would not fit the valve.
Better flow of oil ?.
It always leaks a small bit anyway ! When you undo it.
You could put your finger over the hole, And fit a ball bearing and a nut ?, When you take the UFM off ?.
Cheers Bill.

The better oil flow was what I thought I had seen suggested in some other posts Bill & one less thing to worry about.
I have got one of the Spares Co`s modified A22 banjo bolts with the drain bolt so should be able to get most of the oil out that way.
Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I soldered a 1p coin on to the top of a bsp nut to make a block nut I put a little dish under the pipe undo the pipe nut whip it off add the block nut and do it up. Net loss two tea spoons of oil same on replacing.
However most of the time I have drained the oil anyway for a rebuild then I only loose a few drops
Its not a bad insurance for a stop valve either sometimes it does not close.

I think I would spill more oil than you Tim, you know what you are doing & my hands aren`t as nimble as they used to be.
Cheers
Dave

Last edited: